It fired right up! (No smoke on start up, either!) Idle was too slow, but after setting the idle speed: Sat there and putt-putted smooth and easy as you please.

Flushed with success, I threw on the saddle and took it for a spin. My impressions:

* Very "snappy" off-idle. (i.e. Good response and torque.)

* Smooth power delivery well into the mid-range. (I didn't rev it out, way too early for that.)

* Suspension is softer (as expected) than my WR. However, at the forest road/trail cruise speeds I purchased this bike for, that is a plus. (Smoother ride at cruise speeds.)

* Feels like a feather. (60 lbs lighter and lower center of
gravity!)

* Speedo is sluggish. (Reads way too slow.) May need to pull the cable and lube it. Any recommendations?

I didn't ride it but maybe 3-4 miles, got concerned about the low fuel level (I just put a dab of fuel in it, for the tank will come back off and petcock replaced once the new one arrives), so I cut the ride short and returned to the house.

I think this little goat is going to do exactly what I purchased it for, and do it nicely: Exploring/plonking/forest roads at modest speeds. Plus, the added bonus that the wife may get back into dual sporting on account of it!

All fer now!

Vinduroman