Originally Posted By: Paul49
Interesting, I like Muniacs valve fitting method, if ever there's a next time I'll give it a go.

I basically did as peejman. Then valve - lever in back side with 2 blocks in top side to painfully squeeze my stubby fingers in & wriggle valves into holes, worst bit.

Are knobbly tyres getting stiffer or is it me getting older & weaker, fitted plenty over the years, they only last 2k-3k miles, maybe the heat at 33°c didn't help, sweat pouring off me.

Could be I need some old farts long levers, I used the ones I carry on my bike in case of punctures eg
https://www.adventure-spec.com/default/tyre-tools-buzzetti-240mm-tyre-lever-set-of-3.html

The rear tyre a Dunlop Geomax had worn evenly but the front a Bridgestone gritty wore badly with every other centre knob worn more than the next which wore at a sharp angle. Never had this with any other knobblies. See pics

I finally got around to taking a photo of my front Kenda K760 Trackmaster, to show that this strange wear pattern is not isolated to your Bridgestone gritty.

Last edited by cogitech; 09/26/18 03:48 PM.

'06 XT225, 2" hole in airbox, Z1 mod, 127.5 main jet, UNI air filter, Corbin seat, PIAA 500Hz, custom aluminum rear rack.