There is a lot of snow in the San Juans. We've switched to back country skiing until the trails open up. Probably July/August time frame. Snow pack is pretty good now and we'll get a few BIG storms before Spring fully arrives. The limits then become bloated/dangerous stream/creek crossings. Water will be high for about a month.

An abandoned ski hut at 12k feet east of Red Mountain Pass. Photo taken 3/8/2017.

We're putting together a local group of riders now to explore some of the more remote areas come Summer and Fall. My one friend just bought a new WR-450F and is making modifications to it for trail riding. He and I did a number of rides last season on the XTs. He really liked the terrain. My other friend just bought the WR-250F for trail riding. They are moving here from NC and will arrive in a couple of days. All are psyched to ride. This should be a good riding season.

Tin Cup is inaccessible right now. I recall the pass to be around 12.8k feet elevation. Been a few years since I was up there. There is a website HERE that chronicles Jeep runs. Very well done and useful for seeing many of the trails here in CO.

Evolve & Simplify
Be There or Be Nowhere! A Few Adventures & Video