Our newest minority, yea !!!

No longer, just, 'White'.

Now

You'll get a whole Month
to celebrate your history:

euro-american History Month.

Welcome,
euro-americans.

*...when they tell you, who-they-are - listen.

\

2000 - XT225
Re: Tucker Carlson.. [Re: Az4x4] #154451 05/30/23 11:10 PM
Y
youngfred Offline
Y
Originally Posted by Az4x4
Originally Posted by youngfred

Pulp

..popular or sensational writing that is generally regarded as being of poor quality...

Hello,

In-There...

Come out, come out
wherever you are
~
Oh, and there's a creme
for that hurt.

youngfred..

. . . ?

I have to believe you can do better than that, YF..

I see.
the difference.

Portions were Redacted and all was Classified, meant for the 'house mice' ???

Guess, they,
De-classified with their mind..

youngfred

2000 - XT225
Re: Tucker Carlson.. [Re: youngfred] #154452 05/30/23 11:12 PM
Az4x4 Offline OP
Platinum Member
OP Offline
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by youngfred
...The American Values
stated by the euro-america founding fathers, are flawed.....

That's a start.. Now, if you'll expand, in detail, on your suggestion that "American Values," as set forward by America's "euro-american founding fathers," are somehow "flawed," we may find that a worthwhile discussion takes place, and that would be a good thing, YF..

..I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.. Dr. Phil
Re: Tucker Carlson.. [Re: Az4x4] #154453 05/31/23 02:30 AM
Az4x4 Offline OP
Platinum Member
OP Offline
Platinum Member

To 'kick start' this discussion, let me say that I agree with you - there are any number of reasons why one might see the core American values enshrined in our Constitution and set forward by our founding fathers as being flawed.

America's founding fathers were no more perfect than any of us have been, or ever will be. The founding fathers were products of their time, just as we are products of the time we live in. Their views on issues critical to their time were largely shaped by the circumstances and prejudices of their era, just as our views are shaped in large measure by the circumstances and prejudices of our era. The 'Declaration of Independence' states that "all men are created equal - endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights," yet America's founding fathers owned slaves, as did many at that time and for decades afterwards.

American values have been interpreted in different ways at different times. Even what it means to be 'American' has changed over the years, and different groups have different interpretations of the values that the founding fathers espoused. For example, given the 2nd Amendment to our Constitution and the legal rulings upholding it, people see their right to bear arms as an essential American value. Others insist that our 2nd Amendment right to 'keep and bear arms' is a relic of a bygone era. That the U.S. Supreme Court hasn't seen things their way is something these groups struggle to deal with.

The fact is that American values have not always been applied equally. Throughout American history, groups of people have been denied the full benefits of American citizenship. Native Americans, African Americans, Japanese Americans and women have, at various times during our history, been treated as though they did not merit 'equal access' to the benefits and values that most of us take for granted. Still today, there remain disparities in the way core American values are applied to different groups. Is that 'right and just'? Not at all.

In light of these facts, some will argue that the American values codified by our founding fathers are so deeply flawed that they can't be seen as a benefit to today's Americans, a view that a great many so called 'proofs' can be offered in support of.

Nevertheless it's essential that we remember these core American values have been the very foundation of our American democracy for nearly 2 1/2 centuries. They helped those who came before us create a country that is, and long has been, more just (but not 'perfectly just') and with greater equality of opportunity (but not 'perfect equality of opportunity') than any other the world has ever known.

The one thing our country asks of us was set forward eloquently by President John Kennedy when he said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." That seems to have escaped the notice of of those who most loudly demean America these days, those who see their own failings reflected in their disparagement of our Constitutional Republic, hating both themselves and the 'others' that they blame for these failings.

While our Constitutional values are not perfectly applied, and no one would argue that they are, they are well worth striving for on every plane of life - and well worth defending as the need arises, as American patriots have long done and will continue to do, no matter the cost..

..I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.. Dr. Phil
Re: Tucker Carlson.. [Re: Az4x4] #154454 05/31/23 05:11 PM
Muniac Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
George - Very good commentary. Thanks for posting it as it says things we need to hear. As for flaws in our constitution and whites having no history, I'd love to see someone post that in China. Tell Xi Jinping he's flawed and has no history. Tell him Mao Zedong's vision of the CCP in 1949 was flawed and see how long it takes the author to be hauled away to a gulag. Some of us forget about how precious our 1st amendment rights are.

The Oxford dictionary defines flawed as blemished, damaged, or imperfect in some way. So being human means being flawed to include all of us on the planet. We do the best we can coping with that. America as an idea, has been referred to as an experimental form of government which exists only here. Some people hate us while others pile in. Being critical of anything is fine but when it lacks ways to fix problems then it's just empty complaints headed nowhere. Cancel culture is a bad and unsustainable idea. Better if we learn history (both good & bad) and use those facts to build a better nation, unite, avoid repeating mistakes and solve problems.

The very XT225 bikes we enjoy riding are flawed in some ways. Do we not ride them because of that? When we do ride are we obsessed with those flaws or do we enjoy where the bikes shine? As for those who are preoccupied with America's flaws (and there are plenty), I'd suggest they live in China for a while or someplace else they believe is less flawed. One current flaw I see is our inability to unite. For those that see America as a noble nation, it's imperative we unite under common causes or we'll lose the nation as we knew it. Some think that loss is a good idea and that America (the flawed nation) needs to be remade. From the naysayers camp, I've not heard one constructive suggestion on how to better this nation. What I do see is censorship repackaged as "content moderation", a government weaponized against the people who elected it, individuals persecuted for political beliefs, name calling, greed and corruption. When the mind is ready a teacher appears. Seems unlikely in the years I have left. I hope those wanting to reboot America find themselves content with their new home.

Evolve & Simplify
Be There or Be Nowhere! A Few Adventures & Video
Re: Tucker Carlson.. [Re: Muniac] #154463 06/08/23 07:18 PM
Az4x4 Offline OP
Platinum Member
OP Offline
Platinum Member

Re: Tucker Carlson.. [Re: Az4x4] #154464 06/09/23 03:31 PM
Muniac Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
He released his first video as Episode 1. FOX was crafty in not firing him, just cancelling his show leaving his contract in place. The goal of FOX was to muzzle his voice through Jan 2025. So both parties are now entangled with litigation. All FOX on air personalities were given access to Twitter going back years. Carlson isn't being paid by Twitter or under any contracts with it. So why can't he post content like others?

I know he's just getting started with streaming content but he needs to put out a more professional production. That, I'm sure, will come in time. I wish him well in his new venue.

Evolve & Simplify
Re: Tucker Carlson.. [Re: Muniac] #154465 06/09/23 09:01 PM
Az4x4 Offline OP
Platinum Member
OP Offline
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Muniac
..(Tucker Carlson) released his first video as Episode 1. FOX was crafty in not firing him, just cancelling his show leaving his contract in place. The goal of FOX was to muzzle his voice through Jan 2025. So both parties are now entangled with litigation. All FOX on air personalities were given access to Twitter going back years. Carlson isn't being paid by Twitter or under any contracts with it. So why can't he post content like others?.......

It's difficult to say whether Fox News was crafty in not firing Tucker Carlson, instead cancelling his show while leaving his contract in place. It's rather likely that Fox News did this to muzzle Carlson till after the 2024 presidential election, but it's also possible that other reasons were in play, such as financial or legal reasons. Fox News has not really said why they cancelled Carlson's show, so it's difficult to know for certain what their motives were.

It's worth noting that Fox News has a history of cancelling shows they've come to see as controversial, shows that have attracted negative attention or shows they see as 'costing them more than they're worth'. In 2017, Fox News cancelled the show "The Five" after one of its hosts, Juan Williams, was suspended for making controversial comments about Muslims.

It's also worth noting that Fox News recently settled a defamation lawsuit brought by Dominion Voting Systems. Dominion sued Fox News for $1.6 billion for 'spreading false claims about the company's role in the 2020 presidential election.' Carlson was Fox's most vocal critic of Dominion, repeatedly making what the court determined were 'false claims' about the company on his show. Whether the court was right in that determination isn't clear cut, but Fox paid Dominion about half of what Dominion sued it for - so that's a done deal at this point.

As for Carlson posting on Twitter, it is unclear whether Fox News has a legal right to prevent him from doing so. I seriously doubt it does, but that's just me. Twitter is a private company, and Carlson is no longer an employee of Fox News. Twitter allowing Carlson to post on its platform is perfectly in line with its new 'free speech policies' under Elon Musk.

The fact that Tucker Carlson is a hugely popular online conservative commentator, and his show was far and away Fox News' most popular and most lucrative, means that if Fox continues to pursue litigation against Tucker Carlson the result of that could end up having a huge impact on the future of 'freedom of speech' on social media.

Along with you and millions of others, Scott, I wish Tucker Carlson all the best as he gets his new 'Tucker on Twitter' show up and running in a polished manner, which will in time take place.

With 'Tucker on Twitter - Episode 1' pulling in millions upon tens of millions of viewers, and 'Episode 2' following closely on its heels, I can't imagine Carlson being anything other than the run away most popular Conservative commentator there has ever been, ..nor can I imagine Fox News and other so called 'main-line media outlets' not doing everything they can think of, legally and otherwise, to derail him in any way possible.

Carlson is 'too much in touch' with everyday Americans, 'too much in tune' with the Constitutional heartbeat of our nation to not bring fear into the hearts and minds of the Liberal Elites in positions of power who's designs for our country are blatantly, openly 'Anti-American'.

Americans are way beyond sick and tired of the whipped, LGBT catering, 'what's in it for me, and f*** all the rest of you' agenda that has openly characterized Liberal politics from Obama on. The majority will stand up in mass in 2024 and vote for a return to the ideals at the core of our Constitutional Republic, ideals American patriots have treasured from 1776 on.

It'll be a battle to rescue the Constitutional America our nation once was and bring it back to life, that goes without saying - but it's a battle we must fight, and win. If we don't, ..who will?

If we, as the American majority, fail in our task, America will never again be the 'Of the People, By the People, For the People' Constitutional Republic we once knew, and deeply loved..

Re: Tucker Carlson.. [Re: Az4x4] #154466 06/10/23 12:12 AM
Muniac Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I generally agree with your commentary and assertions. Episode 1 garnered 100M views which is HUGE. Many believe the hay days for cable news have come and gone. Streaming content is now considered by many to be the future of journalism. Google owns YouTube and in a heartbeat can remove content as they see fit. Other platforms exist like Twitter where this is less of a concern. I have a basic Twitter account but haven't been able to make friends with that platform yet. YouTube comparatively is easy to use, search and watch content from news to fixing your car. There are people that won't bother trying to navigate the internet for news. These are potential lost viewers and will likely continue with cable news and whatever that morphs into. I watch very little high dollar news outlets now. Innovative content creators have found ways to produce high quality shows less the shackles imposed by BIG networks.

Good news is out there if you know where to go. It's best to listen to a variety of positions and draw your own conclusions. Sadly people don't debate the issues but hate and cancel those who disagree. Commentary and opinions have replaced facts and good journalism. As for a president, I can't think of a single person who we could elect that won't disappoint half the nation. This is extremely troubling as America continues to run rudderless in rough waters.

Evolve & Simplify
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Web & Site Search
Google

Custom TO Customer
Specialty Resource and DONATE
Fab Ads
Boardcaster Updates

Board Upgrade: Board upgrade to V7.7.3 has been completed on Monday Feb 3rd 2020. Ride safely. Enjoy the new software!

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 17 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(All Time)
Reggie 11,645
Muniac 6,622
alexd 5,915
Az4x4 5,074
Moto Psycho 4,684
peejman 4,168
kris 2,366
JerryH 2,152
Paul49 2,114
Doc250 1,643
Forum Statistics