This undoubtedly differs from state to state. In Georgia, USFS fire roads are open, although campgrounds and hiking trails are closed. I went for a ~50-mile ride yesterday, and saw 1 bicycle, 2 motorcycles, three pickup trucks, two parked cars, and zero LEOs.

On the other hand, a ride last weekend through much of the same route felt like a summer day, with more traffic than I have ever seen.

County government officials in North Georgia are concerned about the weekend onslaughts:

"The past three weekends have been to levels that we only see during Fourth of July. Or even more people than that. It’s been extreme," said Tim Stamey, a member of the Habersham County Board of Commissioners. Tallulah Gorge straddles the Habersham and Rabun County line.

Stamey is backing a letter from eight county commissioners representing Tallulah Gorge and other north Georgia state parks – expressing concern to Gov. Kemp about “increased traffic ... coming from COVID-19 hot spots such as Atlanta” and from out of state.

It's a classic urban/rural clash, amplified by the pandemic. I moved here to get away from these people, but I also realize that until 3 years ago I was one of them.

Don't fix it if it ain't broke, don't break it if you can't fix it.