That's the way it goes these days with XT225s listed for sale. If you're not 'Johnny on the spot,' cash in hand, and you wait before going to see it, it'll be gone before you get there.

Had a sweet '05 XT225 get away from me that way. Trusted the seller down in the Valley when he said he'd hold it till I got there. Then a guy showed up that afternoon, cash in hand and offered him an extra $200 on top of his listed selling price to take it off his hands right then. He took the offer staring him in the face, the bike went to a new home, and I only learned about it later in the day when I called to tell him I'd be there for the bike -- per our agreement -- early the next morning. Yeah...

That didn't slow me down though. Went on looking at Craigslist for XT225s, and a short time later ran into my current bike, the '06 I now ride, across the state line in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Immediately made a verbal deal with the owner to buy his bike, full listed price, cash on the barrel head. He said 'Yes' and agreed to meet me a few days later in Grants, NM, which he did, true to his word.

When we met he said he'd had three cash offers right there in Santa Fe, but turned them down saying he'd agreed to sell it to me and wouldn't back out on that agreement.

If the sale is a long distance drive then it depends on the person you're dealing with and whether they're true to their word. Some are, and unfortunately some aren't..

Keep after it and undoubtedly you'll end up finding the right bike at the right price. Good luck!..

..I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.. Dr. Phil