Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Urban Exploring #152323 09/27/21 03:21 PM
Muniac Offline OP
Platinum Member
OP Offline
Platinum Member
All of us enjoy riding and exploring on our bikes. Jeannie and I would ride out to remote places, park the bikes and hike into interesting areas. People, in general, are curious to discover unique things. YouTube (in spite of its censorship faults) has created repository of niche activities. It mind boggling what's out there. I follow some of the Urban Explorers and other content of adventure seekers taking videos of interesting things. Two fellows visited China and explored an abandon city partially completed and left in ruins. The scope of this failed project is incredible. You'll enjoy their VIDEO which is an inside look at an unbelievable city project of massive scope never finished?? Not one bit of graffiti either. China is experiencing some economic troubles with real estate. You can search on China Evergrande Crisis for more details. How these fellows were able to enter China, shoot this video and leave is in itself amazing.

Evolve & Simplify
Be There or Be Nowhere! A Few Adventures & Video
Re: Urban Exploring [Re: Muniac] #152329 09/28/21 01:44 AM
J
JerryH Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
J
Unfortunately, while I can ride for several hours if I take it easy, I can barely walk a block.

It is possible to get into China, I would guess they are pretty picky about what you take video or pictures of. Have you ever heard of a woman who has a motorcycle channel called Itchy Boots? She has ridden tens of thousands of miles all over the world. She is from the Netherlands. On one of her trips she rode through the middle east, including Iran, on a Royal Enfield Himalayan. She took a lot of video in Iran. I was terrified that she would be killed. Somehow a woman riding alone in a place like that doesn't seem like a good idea. But her videos show a different side of things. Most of what we hear about these places is about the government. Usually the people who live there are quite different.

Wow, that looks like something out of a post-apocalyptic science fiction movie. The quality of construction is HORRIBLE. That place could collapse anytime. I guess they don't have any building inspectors there. There is no way to save that place, it will have to be demolished. I wonder how many other places in China are built like that. That is how China managed to put up so many structures in such a short time. I saw a video a while back about one of the tallest buildings in China that had began swaying back and forth way more than what it was designed for. At first they tried to say it was normal, eventually they began evacuating the building https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAI6hahF0co&t=495s

Last edited by JerryH; 09/28/21 02:09 AM.

The above is my opinion. Your mileage may vary.
1994/2001 custom built XT225 with a ton of aftermarket parts.

Web & Site Search
Google

Custom TO Customer
Specialty Resource and DONATE
Fab Ads
Boardcaster Updates

Board Upgrade: Board upgrade to V7.7.3 has been completed on Monday Feb 3rd 2020. Ride safely. Enjoy the new software!

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 22 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(All Time)
Reggie 11,645
Muniac 6,615
alexd 5,915
Az4x4 5,064
Moto Psycho 4,684
peejman 4,153
kris 2,366
JerryH 2,152
Paul49 2,112
Doc250 1,643
Forum Statistics