Search

GREAT RIDES & STAYS!
Fab Ads
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Thought about giving desktop Linux a try?.. [Re: Muniac] #149846 01/04/21 03:14 PM
Az4x4 Offline OP
Platinum Member
OP Offline
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Muniac
.....We used to live in a constitutional republic. But that only works if we follow our constitution. Many see this document as a hindrance to their cause instead of a charter to keep our nation free, limit government and protect our rights at citizens. Our first and second amendments are under siege as I write. And it won't stop there if we lose these. The next couple of months are going to be interesting..

This week should reveal whether we still live in a Constitutional Republic, committed to the rule of law, limited government, and honest elections - or is all of that just a relic of our long past founding, a detriment to the 'one world' view that sees everyone and everything everywhere 'the same', with certain rulers more 'the same' than anyone else.

No need for nations, for constitutions, for male-female roles. Morals don't matter. Borders don't matter. Police must be rendered powerless and ultimately abolished. Who cares if murders, rapes and mayhem are initially rampant. In time, when enough damage has been done, enough people injured and killed, that will hopefully abate. People will discover their 'better selves'. The pandemic will peter out. Nation states will embrace across seemingly impossible political, economic, cultural and religious 'divides'. Weapons discarded, peace will reign. ..Or will it?

Little wonder that the radical left and those who support its aims, openly or otherwise, wish to see a stolen election and the people and processes that enabled that egregious theft enshrined as 'legitimate', held up as 'business as usual', with anyone daring to 'pull back the curtain' and look carefully at what went on 'after hours' when no one was looking as some kind of 'kook', a bunch of 'radical extremists' intent on 'upsetting the apple cart' and possibly 'waking people up' to things the left feels they're better off not knowing.

If rule of law means anything anymore, it will come as honorable men and women, committed to upholding the Constitution of the United States and its time tested precepts, stand up and insist that justice be done, that the charges of election fraud that are evident to anyone willing to look be openly aired, and that the certification or dismissal of questioned and illegal ballots and the results thereof be seen through to the end - whatever that 'end' proves to be..

To his credit, Biden says he's willing and ready to see this certification process carried out so doubts can be dispelled and rumors quashed. Why others 'in the know' are so adamant that these long standing rules and the processes by which they are applied when election results are in question should not be enforced is something of a mystery - or maybe not..

The voyage of discovery that truly matters is not in seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes.
Re: Thought about giving desktop Linux a try?.. [Re: Muniac] #149847 01/04/21 04:59 PM
peejman Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
George - Well said, thanks for posting. Either you see where this is heading or you don't. Our nation is very divided now more than I've ever seen in my lifetime. I don't see that changing much either which is troubling. We used to live in a constitutional republic. But that only works if we follow our constitution. Many see this document as a hindrance to their cause instead of a charter to keep our nation free, limit government and protect our rights at citizens. Our first and second amendments are under siege as I write. And it won't stop there if we lose these. The next couple of months are going to be interesting.

Indeed.

This shall pass, be still and know.
2006 XT225, UNI filter, ProTaper bars, MSR handguards, SS front brake line, Shinko 241's.
Re: Thought about giving desktop Linux a try?.. [Re: peejman] #149855 01/04/21 09:19 PM
Az4x4 Offline OP
Platinum Member
OP Offline
Platinum Member
Originally Posted by peejman
..George - Well said, thanks for posting. Either you see where this is heading or you don't. Our nation is very divided now more than I've ever seen in my lifetime. I don't see that changing much either which is troubling. We used to live in a constitutional republic. But that only works if we follow our constitution. Many see this document as a hindrance to their cause instead of a charter to keep our nation free, limit government and protect our rights at citizens. Our first and second amendments are under siege as I write. And it won't stop there if we lose these. The next couple of months are going to be interesting.

Indeed..

Thanks guys. As Scott said, either people "..see where this is heading or (they) don't", which just about sums it up..

The voyage of discovery that truly matters is not in seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Web & Site Search
Google

Custom TO Customer
Specialty Resource
Fab Ads
Boardcaster Updates

Board Upgrade: Board upgrade to V7.7.3 has been completed on Monday Feb 3rd 2020. Ride safely. Enjoy the new software!

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 24 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(All Time)
Reggie 11,645
Muniac 6,183
alexd 5,915
Az4x4 4,860
Moto Psycho 4,684
peejman 3,726
kris 2,366
Paul49 1,938
JerryH 1,842
Doc250 1,643
Forum Statistics