Welcome. As far as I know, the seats were the same from 1992-2007, other than color. I had mine redone by an upholstery shop, new foam and a black marine grade vinyl cover. I thought about the Seat Concepts kit, but I totally suck at upholstery, and most likely would not be able to install it. The shop did an excellent job and the vinyl they used is a lot tougher than stock. I actually tore the stock seat sliding my boot over it getting on and off. An inch higher and it would be impossible for me to get on it. I believe 99% of the parts from 1992-2007 are the same. Later models cam with a dual throttle cable, so the carburetor and throttle are slightly different. I prefer a single cable, and the dual cable models can easily be converted to single cable. But if you want dual cables, you will need a dual cable carb and throttle. Somewhere along the line they eliminated the drain plugs on the front forks. But the forks themselves are interchangeable. I use cheapcycleparts.com for replacement parts, although there are a lot of online parts places which are pretty much the same. https://procycle.us/model/yamaha/xt225?sort_by=field_sort_weight_value&page=1 has a ton of aftermarket parts for the XT225.

The above is my opinion. Your mileage may vary.
1994/2001 custom built XT225 with a ton of aftermarket parts.