Search

GREAT RIDES & STAYS!
Fab Ads
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Are you riding a lot during the CV-19 shutdown?.. [Re: Az4x4] #148040 05/21/20 04:06 PM
D
Deserteagle56 Offline
Member L2
Member L2
D
I think we'll find in the future that Covid 19 deaths are vastly overstated. My sister has worked in a hospital in Illinois for years now. She tells me they have orders to report ANY deaths as Covid 19 if the person who died had any of the symptoms. Case in point - an elderly man who had been in her hospital for a while with terminal lung cancer. When he passed away he was listed as a Covid 19 death despite no test for the virus ever being done on him...but he had some of the symptoms. Apparently there are dollars involved!

Worshipper of sun and wild country.
Re: Are you riding a lot during the CV-19 shutdown?.. [Re: Deserteagle56] #148041 05/21/20 05:33 PM
peejman Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Originally Posted by Deserteagle56
I think we'll find in the future that Covid 19 deaths are vastly overstated. My sister has worked in a hospital in Illinois for years now. She tells me they have orders to report ANY deaths as Covid 19 if the person who died had any of the symptoms. Case in point - an elderly man who had been in her hospital for a while with terminal lung cancer. When he passed away he was listed as a Covid 19 death despite no test for the virus ever being done on him...but he had some of the symptoms. Apparently there are dollars involved!

There is definitely $$$ involved...

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/hospital-payments-and-the-covid-19-death-count/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ovid-19-patients-coronavirus/3000638001/

I guess hospitals are business just like any other these days, and hence subscribe to the same code (lack) of ethics when it comes to the bottom line. Note that the articles state physcians are not fidging the data, and I mostly believe that. The bean counters behind the scenes that deal with the billing are tasked with getting every nickel they can find. If the .gov is offering a handout for an unsubstantiated claim, why not?

This shall pass, be still and know.
2006 XT225, UNI filter, ProTaper bars, MSR handguards, SS front brake line, Shinko 241's.
Re: Are you riding a lot during the CV-19 shutdown?.. [Re: Az4x4] #148043 05/21/20 08:29 PM
Muniac Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
America has been wired from the get go for personal freedom, liberty and to conduct business. It's an over simplification to a complex nation but basically remains true now. Sure like other developed nations we have a jaded past. America was founded by an aggressive group of wealthy business owners. Crossing the Atlantic Ocean wasn't for those on the fringe edge of society. Some like standing on the platform of wealth created by Americans and denouncing what makes this country run. What makes us run is easy to answer in one word - MONEY $$$. Hats off to those taking investment risks, creating jobs and generating money. Our economy knits us all together and needs to remain healthy. Small businesses employ most of America's workers so all are essential to America's health. And that heath can't be measured soley by virus death stats. There is death associated with economic fallout, lost freedoms and invasive regulations as we are finding out. Not reported on much, however. So what matters more? A nursing home death of a senior family member or a business dying that employed 10 people. Well they both matter and I think with proper leadership we can minimize viral deaths and protect our businesses. The USA, through early travel restrictions, has protected life as best possible. Nature created viruses as a means of population control. Such are the words from my doctor who says the strong get to survive. So we'll likely come to the reality that viral infections are going to be a way of life. As they always have. So we need to be diligent, take practical precautions, stay clean and manage our own risks. Herd immunity is going to win out over the long haul. So those with the strongest immune systems will do the best.

So sick people make money and lots of it. America is filled with fat people, diabetic, hypertensive, etc. The food industry fattens you up on the way in and big pharma sells you pills on the way out. Laughing all the way to the bank. Any doctor you speak with will acknowledge that obesity is an epidemic. And profitable too. I was sitting in a restaurant last August in Lewiston, ME eating dinner on a business trip. Some FAT chip waltzes in that weighed about 600 Lbs. Young girl too and just disgusting to look at. Sits down and orders enough food for her dinner that would last me 3 dinners. So I said to my waiter, I wonder if that fat chick is going to break the chair she's sitting on. grin So he gets pissed off and says I should talk that way. Young guy with no sense of humor. So this is where we're at as a country. PC rhetoric only, government overreach, no sense of humor and ignorance to prevail. Throw in orange man bad too! No wonder there's troubles. Let's ban large sodas.

Our educational system is a mess. All starting with the 70s era NEA and I'll quote from wiki below:

The NEA, originally on the conservative side of U.S. politics, by the 1970s emerged as a factor in modern liberalism.[7] While the NEA has a stated position of "non-partisan", it almost exclusively supports the Democratic Party.[8] Conservatives, libertarians, and parents' rights groups have criticized the NEA's liberal positions.[9]

The whole blurb is HERE for the curious reader. Some have had enough and yanked their kids from public schools. Don't blame them one bit. Grade school kids need some whack job teacher telling their class the President is a bad man! WTF! Whatever happened to reading, writing and arithmetic? So now kids are getting their education from a PC. This is NUTS! Especially since young people are almost immune to serious viral infections from CV-19. Schools need to open up, do so traditionally and on time. Can't close schools down nationally because a couple of older teachers may get sick.

As for those using this virus for power grabs, federal funding and other political purposes it won't work. People will revolt, protest and innovate their way around restrictions. This is America and people won't tolerate being dictated to. As for small businesses going under that's a terrible loss to our economy. Should count as being just as significant as a lost life. Not reported that way, however. We need to get our unemployment numbers down and do so quickly. I'm hoping those who lost their business can recover somehow. Perhaps in a forth coming era of unleashing pent up demand. There's a lot of money in this country and people will want to spend it. Fingers crossed for that.

As for politics, ask yourself if bitch box Pelosi tearing up the State of the Union Address is the leadership that makes sense for America and her people. Days of reckoning and awaking are on the horizon for America. China is also on the hook to provide some answers. My read is we'll start seeing people vote for transparency, solutions and common sense. American will come back and be strong again. Likely to provide many solutions to the toughest problems. And share with the planet as we've always done. Lots of pretty nice and generous people in this country too. My 5 Lbs of ham in a 2 Lb bag.

Evolve & Simplify
Be There or Be Nowhere! A Few Adventures & Video
Re: Are you riding a lot during the CV-19 shutdown?.. [Re: Az4x4] #148044 05/22/20 01:52 PM
V
Vinduroman Offline
V
You have a firm grasp on where we're at and how we got here as a nation.

My greatest concern is retaining a form of integrity in our voting system. The ability to have mail in voting could be disastrous.

Praying for a "Haman's Gallows" effect for the Dems come November.

V-man

Last edited by Vinduroman; 05/22/20 01:54 PM.
Re: Are you riding a lot during the CV-19 shutdown?.. [Re: Vinduroman] #148045 05/22/20 02:22 PM
Az4x4 Offline OP
Platinum Member
OP Offline
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Vinduroman
.....Praying for a "Haman's Gallows" effect for the Dems come November.

V-man

..Either that, or they wake up to the fact that they're 'pissing in the pond we all drink from' and do an 'about face' for the good of the nation.

..OK, since that's not likely to happen any time soon -- a Haman's gallows effect come November may be exactly what's needed to set things straighter than they've been for far too long a time.

"When it's a life-and-death matter, the market for bullshit drops to zero."
Re: Are you riding a lot during the CV-19 shutdown?.. [Re: Az4x4] #148046 05/22/20 02:36 PM
Paul49 Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
We could have some great holidays, go to Europe & get 14 days isolation, then come back & get another 14 days isolation. I wonder, will this be in a nice hotel all expense paid, or a cell? Currently hols are banned.

Many here are fed up of restrictions, given a sunny day beaches are packed & car hordes are in the countryside beauty spots. Bikers hanging out at takeaway caffs & chippies. Boris might clamp down again if the number of CV cases/deaths goes back up with the mingling.

The testing is doing ok now in the UK at 47k/M. It gives the stat's people an idea of the full scale of it.
In the High Peak area of the UK we have approx. 200 cases of CV less than 1 person/sq mile, doesn't sound bad but it's 2.2/1k, as against 2.5/1k overall & 3.5/1k in the high density urban towns. So we mustn't get complacent & treat it as a townie plague.

Our expert in epidemiology, Jonathan Van-Tam, has said this virus could come back over the coming winter, but who knows, it could die out as others have done or we may learn to live with it. Meanwhile our fun retirement has gone awol.

1958 Ariel 650 FH, 2014 Tiger Sport1050, 1995 XT225 Serow, Tiger 800 XRx.
Re: Are you riding a lot during the CV-19 shutdown?.. [Re: Az4x4] #148047 05/22/20 02:42 PM
Az4x4 Offline OP
Platinum Member
OP Offline
Platinum Member

George Carlin may be an 'acquired taste', but he says a lot of things pertaining to the present fear mongering political climate that are tough to argue with in this VIDEO clip.

Re: Are you riding a lot during the CV-19 shutdown?.. [Re: Az4x4] #148048 05/22/20 05:12 PM
Muniac Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Carlin and Pryor are my favorite stand up comedians. I'd kill for those presentation skills. Both are gone now sadly. As are the mid 80s when people had a sense of humor. Thanks for the clip.

Evolve & Simplify
Be There or Be Nowhere! A Few Adventures & Video
Re: Are you riding a lot during the CV-19 shutdown?.. [Re: Paul49] #148050 05/23/20 03:40 PM
Az4x4 Offline OP
Platinum Member
OP Offline
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Paul49
..We could have some great holidays, go to Europe & get 14 days isolation, then come back & get another 14 days isolation. I wonder, will this be in a nice hotel all expense paid, or a cell? Currently hols are banned.....

These are times that call for civil disobedience on a broad scale -- to hell with what hand wringing doom peddler so called 'experts' say, get out and get going -- in mass. What are the 'authorities' going to do, 'arrest and detain' the entire country?

Viruses have been with us since the dawn of time, and herd immunity thrives best when people live normal lives in the midst of situations like this. Hygiene, personal cleanliness, thoughtful precautions to be sure -- but shutting entire populations inside hoping the virus dies out on its own is nuts.

Get out and get going -- that's what we're doing in this area and it's working well..

Re: Are you riding a lot during the CV-19 shutdown?.. [Re: Az4x4] #148051 05/23/20 04:01 PM
Paul49 Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Originally Posted by Az4x4

Originally Posted by Paul49
..We could have some great holidays, go to Europe & get 14 days isolation, then come back & get another 14 days isolation. I wonder, will this be in a nice hotel all expense paid, or a cell? Currently hols are banned.....

These are times that call for civil disobedience on a broad scale -- to hell with what so called hand wringing doom peddler 'experts' say, get out and get going -- in mass. What are the 'authorities' going to do, 'arrest and detain' the entire country?

Viruses have been with us since the dawn of time, and herd immunity thrives best when people live normal lives in the midst of situations like this. Hygiene, personal cleanliness, thoughtful precautions to be sure -- but shutting entire populations inside hoping the virus dies out on its own is nuts.

Get out and get going -- that's what we're doing in this area and it's working well..

Only wish we could. We English can now travel anywhere in England, but wherever we go, everywhere is shut, shops, cafes, pubs, even public toilets, benches are taped over so we can't sit down.

We have paid for 2 ferry trips to Europe, the ferry companies will now not take passengers & some are refusing refunds. The UK is a miserable place right now. People who break the rules are getting fined, and those fines go up & up for repeat offences.

Crazy times & could get worse. We need a revolution.

1958 Ariel 650 FH, 2014 Tiger Sport1050, 1995 XT225 Serow, Tiger 800 XRx.
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Web & Site Search
Google

Custom TO Customer
Specialty Resource
Fab Ads
Boardcaster Updates

Board Upgrade: Board upgrade to V7.7.3 has been completed on Monday Feb 3rd 2020. Ride safely. Enjoy the new software!

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 22 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(All Time)
Reggie 11,645
Muniac 6,010
alexd 5,915
Moto Psycho 4,684
Az4x4 4,533
peejman 3,434
kris 2,366
Paul49 1,859
Doc250 1,643
JerryH 1,550
Forum Statistics