Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Ridin' Arklahoma! [Re: Vinduroman] #146768 12/31/19 09:46 PM
Az4x4 Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted By: Vinduroman
.....I've been riding, as has been the wife, but I've been on the WR250R for the most part and I've been too lazy to take pics of us when out. I'm currently holed up on account of the weather's not too accommodating. Wife's holed up 'cause she's battling the "Crud"..

Know what you mean about the weather not accommodating. Going on a week of snow here. People having a hard time getting out of their properties to the road, then staying on the road instead of sliding into the ditch. Top that off with trying to shake the 'crud', probably the same stuff your wife is battling, and inside by the fire is pretty much our speed right now. Can't imagine trying to get somewhere on two wheels at the moment!..

..I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.. Dr. Phil
Re: Ridin' Arklahoma! [Re: Vinduroman] #147649 04/13/20 02:26 PM
V
Vinduroman Offline OP
Member L1
OP Offline
Member L1
V
Hi All!

We're still kickin' and doin' fine. That "crud" I mentioned above turns out it just may have been the "first wave" of this virus mess that has our country in shut down mode. However, we've been doing our part in staying away from large crowds/etc. In fact, what better way to social distance than out by ourselves on our motorcycles in the mountains?

Exactly. There ain't.

SO, we've been doing as much of that as the weather allows. Of late we've been hitting the Ozarks quite a bit and making day long adventures of our rides. Next ride ought to be this coming Thursday. Great times. Here's a couple of pics that include our XT225.

[Linked Image from vscalecreations.com]

I hope all of you are doing well in the face of this virus panic/hysteria and accompanying government overreach some states/localities are experiencing.

All fer now!

V-man

Last edited by Vinduroman; 04/13/20 02:26 PM.
Re: Ridin' Arklahoma! [Re: Vinduroman] #147650 04/13/20 02:37 PM
T
trailhand Offline
T
Nice! ....nothing like a ride for a little social distancing smile

Re: Ridin' Arklahoma! [Re: Vinduroman] #147651 04/13/20 02:46 PM
Az4x4 Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Vinduroman
..Hi All!

We're still kickin' and doin' fine. That "crud" I mentioned above turns out it just may have been the "first wave" of this virus mess that has our country in shut down mode. However, we've been doing our part in staying away from large crowds/etc. In fact, what better way to social distance than out by ourselves on our motorcycles in the mountains?

Exactly. There ain't..

Glad to see you two out and about V-man. This 'social distancing' thing has some surprising upsides to it, and riding quiet mountain trails with your wife is is one of those.

..I hope all of you are doing well in the face of this virus panic/hysteria and accompanying government overreach some states/localities are experiencing..

When the 'powers-that-be' aren't even marginally prepared for what they've known and been warned is coming, the only thing left is 'government overreach' in one form or another - and that's getting old really fast.

..I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.. Dr. Phil
Re: Ridin' Arklahoma! [Re: Vinduroman] #147668 04/14/20 03:53 PM
Muniac Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
V-man - Thanks for posting a RR. Gorgeous weather too. Always nice to assembly the riding team to get out and recreate. You guys ride safely, enjoy and stay healthy.

As for the virus, the world is paddling in uncharted waters. With hindsight always being 20/20. They used to call them Monday morning quarterbacks. As per last night's Presidential Briefing there was optimism with infection curves flattening. Also hospitals are not overloaded. Extra "remote" hospital beds (ships and convention centers) are well under utilized with some being empty. These are being dismantled. The message being mitigation efforts have been helpful. The mentality has always been prepare for the worst and hope for the best. A task force is underway now to evaluate how best to get our (USA) economy started back up. My guess is this will be done on a regional basis. Starting with the least infected areas.

As for equipment, our extra capacity will be shared with other nations in need.

We've been luck here with just about no impact on our activities. All the outdoor places we enjoy are open with nobody around. Fingers crossed this week we reach a turning point on the way back to the new normal.

Evolve & Simplify
Be There or Be Nowhere! A Few Adventures & Video
Re: Ridin' Arklahoma! [Re: Vinduroman] #147669 04/14/20 04:03 PM
peejman Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Glad you're able to get out and enjoy it. Wish I had more time for that.

This shall pass, be still and know.
2006 XT225, UNI filter, ProTaper bars, MSR handguards, SS front brake line, Shinko 241's.
Re: Ridin' Arklahoma! [Re: Vinduroman] #147673 04/14/20 05:01 PM
V
Vinduroman Offline OP
Member L1
OP Offline
Member L1
V
Hope y'all are right about the gubment thing. I too, hope this passes soon and we can start rebuilding our economy and start returning toward a semblance of "normal" day-to-day living.

Our plans are still to head back to the Ozarks come Thursday. Forecast calling for sunny and a high in the mid-60s. Some more pics from some of our recent "Social Distancing" forays into the Ozarks...

We avoid the need for any trip to a general store for lunch by packing our own protein bars/etc. (We love Met-RX "Chocolate Cookie Crunch" bars!) We also have a favorite picnic area where the setting and scene is nice...

All fer now!

V-man

Re: Ridin' Arklahoma! [Re: Vinduroman] #147675 04/14/20 05:17 PM
J
JPouchet Offline
Member L1
Member L1
J
Very nice! Thanks for sharing. Glad you are able to get out and enjoy the countryside.

Stay safe.

JP

Adding some Adventure to my life. Orange County, CA
'07 XT225
Re: Ridin' Arklahoma! [Re: Vinduroman] #147676 04/14/20 05:42 PM
Muniac Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thanks for posting the additional pixs. Pretty country out your way. Jeannie and I have been making remote meals for years to enjoy after an outing.

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]
Mill Meadow Reservoir Torrey, UT 7/31/2013

The charcoal grill is now a propane grill and the menu has expanded some. We usually pic remote places where nobody is around. Can score some great views while we eat.

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]
Grey Copper Gulch, North San Juan Mountains, CO.

Yea, I'm all for getting the economy back up and running ASAP. Many businesses around here are getting killed!

Evolve & Simplify
Be There or Be Nowhere! A Few Adventures & Video
Re: Ridin' Arklahoma! [Re: Vinduroman] #147677 04/15/20 01:28 PM
peejman Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

V-man

Wow, and I thought the rivers around here were muddy. Is that recent heavy rain, or does it normally look like that?

This shall pass, be still and know.
2006 XT225, UNI filter, ProTaper bars, MSR handguards, SS front brake line, Shinko 241's.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Web & Site Search
Google

Custom TO Customer
Specialty Resource and DONATE
Fab Ads
Boardcaster Updates

Board Upgrade: Board upgrade to V7.7.3 has been completed on Monday Feb 3rd 2020. Ride safely. Enjoy the new software!

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 28 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(All Time)
Reggie 11,645
Muniac 6,620
alexd 5,915
Az4x4 5,072
Moto Psycho 4,684
peejman 4,160
kris 2,366
JerryH 2,152
Paul49 2,113
Doc250 1,643
Forum Statistics