Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Finally! [Re: Vinduroman] #146399 11/11/19 05:19 PM
peejman Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Man.... I've gotta find some time to ride somewhere other than home and work. Even if it was a little chilly, that sure looks like a good day.

This shall pass, be still and know.
2006 XT225, UNI filter, ProTaper bars, MSR handguards, SS front brake line, Shinko 241's.
Re: Finally! [Re: Vinduroman] #146404 11/13/19 03:54 PM
V
Vinduroman Offline OP
Member L1
OP Offline
Member L1
V
Thanks fella's for the comments. Glad you enjoyed the pics.

Tomorrow I intend to take Lil' Goat back to the area in the pictures above to continue some recon exploration for possible use in a vinduro (VINtage enDURO) ride I used to host each year. Judging by what I've seen/found thus far, these trails would be "vintage friendly" for bikes with 6"-7" of front travel and 3"-4" of rear travel. I need to be able to string together about 30 miles worth of "vintage friendly" stuff for "Day Two". If I can find enough useable trails then I can possibly crisscross and reverse ride to get the miles needed.

You see, years ago I used to host a yearly "Vinduro* ISDT Ride" that was basically trail riding vintage "vinduro" bikes out in these mountains. However, the privatization of sections of these mountains, along with the extensive gas well drilling/logging/etc, contributed to the demise of the event. Now that I'm retired I'm reviving the yearly ride, but now it's a "Vinduro Dual Sport Tiddler" ride for Vinduro members with vinduro scoots 200cc or less. AND, I'm using a different ride area for the revival.

* "Vinduro" is a term I coined back in the early 2000's to refer to vintage enduro, dual purpose, ISDT, replica, scrambler, etc, bikes about 20+ years old. (20 years old at the time some two decades ago!) The original "Vinduro" group was via Yahoogroups email list that currently has 1500 members worldwide. We (the Vinduro group) have since begun to migrate to Facebook.

For giggles, here's the event flyer for VDS Tiddler '20:

SO... if it goes as planned... tomorrow I'll be back in the above area on Lil' Goat to see what I can do for a future VSD Tiddler ride in that area!

All fer now.

V-Man

Re: Finally! [Re: Vinduroman] #146409 11/14/19 01:56 PM
Az4x4 Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted By: Vinduroman
.....years ago I used to host a yearly "Vinduro* ISDT Ride" that was basically trail riding vintage "vinduro" bikes out in these mountains. However, the privatization of sections of these mountains, along with the extensive gas well drilling/logging/etc, contributed to the demise of the event. Now that I'm retired I'm reviving the yearly ride, but now it's a "Vinduro Dual Sport Tiddler" ride for Vinduro members with vinduro scoots 200cc or less. AND, I'm using a different ride area for the revival.

* "Vinduro" is a term I coined back in the early 2000's to refer to vintage enduro, dual purpose, ISDT, replica, scrambler, etc, bikes about 20+ years old. (20 years old at the time some two decades ago!) The original "Vinduro" group was via Yahoogroups email list that currently has 1500 members worldwide. We (the Vinduro group) have since begun to migrate to Facebook.

For giggles, here's the event flyer for VDS Tiddler '20:

SO... if it goes as planned... tomorrow I'll be back in the above area on Lil' Goat to see what I can do for a future VSD Tiddler ride in that area!

All fer now.

V-Man..

Hats off to you V-Man! Hope the weather holds out your way and you're able to resurrect the old "Vinduro" event you ramrodded a couple of decades ago. If you can get a few of the old timers back and add some new riders that'll be a great start. Best of luck in that regard. If anyone can pull this off I'd bet you can!..

"Arizona's Mogollon Rim"

..I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.. Dr. Phil
Re: Finally! [Re: Vinduroman] #146411 11/14/19 04:32 PM
V
Vinduroman Offline OP
Member L1
OP Offline
Member L1
V
Thanks for the kind words, there Az.

It's a labor of love. Plus, I am blessed to have some great vinduro friends. Several have been to my house here in eastern OK, and we've ridden together in addition to my hosting of vinduro rides. So, my vinduro rides are used as a vehicle to hook up with them once a year and ride with them and enjoy some fellowship. (I no longer regularly compete/attend the vintage "ISDT" events.)

Here's a couple of pics. First up is a picture taken from my very first vinduro ride in '02:

In the above photo, I can remember at least two ISDT veterans in attendance, both good friends: Dwight Rudder, USA, 7 time ISDT/ISDE medalist, 8 time AMA Nat'l Enduro Class Champion, and Helmut Clasen, Canada (originally from Germany), ridden in at least 7 or 8 ISDT/E's (for both Germany and Canada and was Canada's first ISDT medalist), and FOURTEEN consecutive Canadian Nat'l Championships, with a total of over 1,400 trophies, medals, and awards! Helmut (aka "Speedy") is a hoot and a world-class riding talent. Remind me to tell of you about week-long riding visit with me where Speedy wound up in rubber boots and knee deep in "questionable" water during a pouring rain due to our septic tank failing during his visit!!

Next picture is from the vinduro ride of '04:

In addition to Dwight Rudder, and possibly one or two others ISDT/E vets in riding with us that year, I know for sure that the chap in the blue riding jacket (back to us) sitting on the green KE100 is many-time ISDT contestant/medalist and Nat'l enduro rider, the late Doug Wilford. Remind me to tell you a story sometime about what he did on that little KE100! Talk about a humbling experience for me and another riding friend.

Okay... all fer now.

V-man

Last edited by Vinduroman; 11/14/19 04:32 PM.
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Web & Site Search
Google

Custom TO Customer
Specialty Resource and DONATE
Fab Ads
Boardcaster Updates

Board Upgrade: Board upgrade to V7.7.3 has been completed on Monday Feb 3rd 2020. Ride safely. Enjoy the new software!

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 22 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(All Time)
Reggie 11,645
Muniac 6,615
alexd 5,915
Az4x4 5,064
Moto Psycho 4,684
peejman 4,153
kris 2,366
JerryH 2,152
Paul49 2,112
Doc250 1,643
Forum Statistics