Search

GREAT RIDES & STAYS!
Fab Ads
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#141853 - 06/07/18 07:18 PM Re: Idiots can easily ruin it for everyone.. [Re: Az4x4]
Muniac Offline

Platinum Member

Loc: Montrose, CO
Mankind is on a destiny not for us to know. Trying to alter it is, in fact, encouraging it. Call it a life cycle if you will. Nothing lasts forever.

I too see the same deterioration with no solutions in sight. That's why I live here. Enjoy each day as best you can and let the sh*t roll down hill. Try to put some goodness back into the system where you can.

I also don't think padding the world's walls is a solution to fixing things.

#141858 - 06/08/18 05:46 PM Re: Idiots can easily ruin it for everyone.. [Re: Muniac]
Az4x4 Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Heber/Overgaard, AZ

Originally Posted By: Muniac
..Mankind is on a destiny not for us to know. Trying to alter it is, in fact, encouraging it. Call it a life cycle if you will. Nothing lasts forever..

Understanding those things it's easy to see why people look for ways to 'opt out', places of refuge and escape. Sometimes these are support groups of like minded people. Often they're religious or political beliefs, ideas that others have come up with and promote as 'solutions' to the crisis. Buying into such ideas may seem convenient, even easy at times, requiring little of people other than unquestioning loyalty and support. But they don't produce anything close to what they promise.

Those who plainly 'see' this ongoing deterioration of society are those most prone to living as far away -- physically, morally and mentally -- from the maddening crowd as they can.

Enjoying life as best we can while distancing ourselves from the idiots having at each other in areas below is about as good as it gets these days. If they don't drag their sh!t uphill with them when they venture this way things can be relatively good.

Leaving things better than we found them for the benefit of others is what responsible people do.

#141859 - 06/08/18 07:41 PM Re: Idiots can easily ruin it for everyone.. [Re: Az4x4]
Muniac Offline

Platinum Member

Loc: Montrose, CO
I think we're basically on the same page. Well put. Getting involved in "something" is a choice. Mostly good I think. We all gravitate to what we believe is a happy place. Deception and hidden agendas are always factors to be aware of when dealing with people/organizations/clubs. If money is involved, that should heighten awareness. Snake oil has been around for a long time and the concept isn't likely to go away anytime soon. The product and delivery mechanism have changed, however. Control freaks, oneupmanship and always right types fostered by insecurity complexes are out there too. Just a PITA to deal with as most are cowards when it comes down to reality. When the light comes on they scatter like cockroaches. As for people, in general, most I've run into are pretty much OK. Life would be quite lonely without people around. Achieving the right critical mass is the challenge. It's that too much of a good thing idea.

As for politics, anyone making a statement will likely piss off half the people.

I enjoy Richard Pryor's old skits. One that comes to mind is "Live on Sunset Strip". When they pan the audience you'll see young, old, black, white, male, female, etc. But everyone is laughing. Sometimes at themselves and other times at others. But the sense of humor prevails and I think laughs are great medicine. That seems to be gone now too. Can't hurt anyone's feelings. And for broad shoulders, where are they?

Now political correctness has consumed us. Everyone is walking on egg shells. It's also become a weapon and revenue generator for some. Tolerance for differing views and opinions is nearing zero. Politically this ties into power grabs from a disconnected few that make decisions. That's scary. Going back to my previous post, it's all part of the destiny. Know this, you can't change it. That to include those amongst us promoting their self righteous causes and social contracts. Arrogance at its best.

I've simplified life as much as possible. I also donate a good amount of my time and skills to help small businesses and younger people trying to get a leg up. That said, I'm no do gooder. But do put good deeds back into the system to include picking up other people's trash (Which I hate!). I just don't do it under some institutional banner, club or organization. In fact, I belong to none. We're all fighting that hidden cause/situation that no one knows about. So be nice. 100 years from now it won't make a damn bit of differnce.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Web & Site Search
Google

Custom TO Customer
Specialty Resource
Fab Ads
Boardcaster Updates

Board Upgrade: Board upgrade to V7.5.8 has been completed on Tuesday Sept 2nd 2014. This should solve the missing posts problem. Enjoy the new software!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters
Reggie 11629
alexd 5915
Muniac 5531
Moto Psycho 4684
Az4x4 4098
peejman 2981
kris 2365
Doc250 1643
Paul49 1623