Search

GREAT RIDES & STAYS!
Fab Ads
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#123277 - 09/09/14 01:20 PM More Potential Fees To Use Land (USA HR 5204)
Muniac Offline

Platinum Member

Loc: Montrose, CO
Just a heads up to everyone that a bill has been introduced in the United States Congress, HB 5204, entitled The Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Modernization Act of 2014, which will allow fees to be collected for most of the "public land" that is controlled by the Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management. If the bill passes, it would allow the Federal Government to charge fees for any activity on land that we presently have access to for free. Fees could include a permit fee, day use fee, or a special use fee. There is the possibility that the bill could be attached to an appropriation bill, which would allow the bill to pass without public comment or debate.

It is time now to get involved and contact your congressman and senators where you have your domicile and let them know that HB 5204 should be defeated. In the past, public lands have been turned over to concessionaires that allowed them to charge fees or to refuse to give discounts for entering the federal lands. This bill may not pass, but don't take a chance and let the other members contact their congressman or senators. It only takes a few minutes to let the representatives that we elected know how we feel.

To find your congressman, you can go to http://www.house.gov, and for senators, you can go to http://www.senate.gov.

If you would like to review the bill yourself:
https://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/5204/text

I'll conclude that, in my lifetime, I've never seen a more invasive government that is completely detached from the people it's supposed to serve.

#123281 - 09/09/14 04:27 PM Re: More Potential Fees To Use Land (USA HR 5204) [Re: Muniac]
Az4x4 Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Heber/Overgaard, AZ

Originally Posted By: Muniac
..a bill has been introduced in the United States Congress, HB 5204, entitled The Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Modernization Act of 2014, which will allow fees to be collected for most of the "public land" that is controlled by the Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management. If the bill passes, it would allow the Federal Government to charge fees for any activity on land that we presently have access to for free. Fees could include a permit fee, day use fee, or a special use fee. There is the possibility that the bill could be attached to an appropriation bill, which would allow the bill to pass without public comment or debate..

govtrack.us: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr5204 allows us to stay current with the progress of this bill and provides links by which your congressman or congresswoman may be reached for comment. At the moment the bill is given a 7% chance of actually passing - but that's no guarantee given how sneaky government can be in such matters.

Originally Posted By: Muniac
..in my lifetime, I've never seen a more invasive government that is completely detached from the people it's supposed to serve..

+1

Web & Site Search
Google

Custom TO Customer
Specialty Resource
Fab Ads
Boardcaster Updates

Board Upgrade: Board upgrade to V7.5.8 has been completed on Tuesday Sept 2nd 2014. This should solve the missing posts problem. Enjoy the new software!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters
Reggie 11373
alexd 5736
Muniac 4758
Moto Psycho 4684
Az4x4 3723
kris 2363
peejman 2109
Doc250 1643
JerryH 1508