Search

GREAT RIDES & STAYS!
Fab Ads
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns [Re: Muniac] #150615 02/25/21 09:43 PM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,181
Muniac Offline OP
Platinum Member
*****
OP Offline
Platinum Member
*****
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,181
You're correct about a two tiered justice system. Infuriating to say the least.


Evolve & Simplify
Be There or Be Nowhere! A Few Adventures & Video
Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns [Re: Muniac] #150618 02/26/21 01:00 AM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,860
Az4x4 Offline
Platinum Member
*****
Offline
Platinum Member
*****
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,860

Originally Posted by Muniac
..You're correct about a two tiered justice system. Infuriating to say the least..

Our country looks and behaves like a mafia run state. This took root under President Trump, but it barely began with him. Totalitarian regimes today operate behind a facade of democracy while ruling through their influence and control of the media, big tech, the judiciary, and other centers of influence. Their sole aim is to enrich themselves while maintaining their power, to hell with the the American people at large.

Nations in which strongmen rule and no pretense of democratic governance is in evidence are at the extreme end of the totalitarian scale. Other's like Russia, Hungry, Turkey and the Philippines are seen as mafia like states which maintain a facade of democracy while their rulers use their control of the media, the judiciary, big tech and other centers of influence to enrich and maintain themselves in power.

Today the United States looks and behaves more like a mafia run state than the Constitutional Republic it was set up to be. This became increasingly evident under President Trump. But the problem did not end with him. It took root during his presidency and is now beginning to come into its own under Joe Biden and his leftist control freak cabal. ..God help us all..

"We're not in Kansas any more, Toto..", and the Republic we once had is fast disappearing right before our eyes..


The voyage of discovery that truly matters is not in seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes.
Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns [Re: Az4x4] #150620 02/26/21 06:46 AM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,842
J
JerryH Offline
Platinum Member
***
Offline
Platinum Member
***
J
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,842
Originally Posted by Az4x4

Originally Posted by Muniac
..You're correct about a two tiered justice system. Infuriating to say the least..

Our country looks and behaves like a mafia run state. This took root under President Trump, but it barely began with him. Totalitarian regimes today operate behind a facade of democracy while ruling through their influence and control of the media, big tech, the judiciary, and other centers of influence. Their sole aim is to enrich themselves while maintaining their power, to hell with the the American people at large.

Nations in which strongmen rule and no pretense of democratic governance is in evidence are at the extreme end of the totalitarian scale. Other's like Russia, Hungry, Turkey and the Philippines are seen as mafia like states which maintain a facade of democracy while their rulers use their control of the media, the judiciary, big tech and other centers of influence to enrich and maintain themselves in power.

Today the United States looks and behaves more like a mafia run state than the Constitutional Republic it was set up to be. This became increasingly evident under President Trump. But the problem did not end with him. It took root during his presidency and is now beginning to come into its own under Joe Biden and his leftist control freak cabal. ..God help us all..

"We're not in Kansas any more, Toto..", and the Republic we once had is fast disappearing right before our eyes..


I agree with 90+% of what you said. But I still totally support President Trump. His goal from the beginning was to put a stop to this kind of thing. To "drain the swamp" His mistake was in not realizing just how deep the swamp was. But he certainly did not have control of the media, big tech, or the courts. In fact he fought them all the way. And they fought him all the way. As strange as it seems, the mainstream Marxist media now seems to be turning on Biden. And Cuomo. Even Democrats (or Demonic Rats as I call them) have turned against Cuomo, who was the darling of the Democratic establishment not long ago. Doesn't look like Newsom in CA is doing so well either. I would love to see NY and CA get Republican governors, as long as it isn't Romney. The Antifa and BLM riots are still going on even with Biden in office, so I guess that Trump wasn't the cause of that either. And new highs in the CV death rates have happened since Biden took over. Where was that plan.........


The above is my opinion. Your mileage may vary.
1994/2001 custom built XT225 with a ton of aftermarket parts.



Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns [Re: JerryH] #150621 02/26/21 03:36 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,860
Az4x4 Offline
Platinum Member
*****
Offline
Platinum Member
*****
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,860

Originally Posted by JerryH
.......I agree with 90+% of what you said. But I still totally support President Trump. His goal from the beginning was to put a stop to this kind of thing. To "drain the swamp" His mistake was in not realizing just how deep the swamp was. But he certainly did not have control of the media, big tech, or the courts......

I don't disagree. I supported President Trump's efforts to "drain the swamp" when he came to Washington as well. Still, the 'my way or the highway' attitude that Trump took with him to Washington was more a 'mafia like' approach to governance than the job of President of The United States requires. It took him 4 years too long to realize that, and by then it was far too late.

Trump's 'know it all dictatorial ringmaster of the greatest show on earth' full blown narcissistic personality rubbed too many people in positions of power and authority the wrong way for him to be a truly effective American President, in spite of his best intentions. He turned out to be his own worst enemy, with even his most powerful political supporters quietly grating their teeth when he said, 'tweeted' or did the incredibly counter productive things he was know for.

The final straw was lending encouragement and support to the riled up mob that heard him speak prior to their march on the capital, ..and it took him weeks after that debacle had been put down to finally admit that the things he said and the encouragement he gave in the heat of that moment had the effect they did.

Had Trump come to Washington openhandedly seeking the support and counsel of the best and brightest the Republican party had to offer, then worked 'within that framework' to accomplish his goals, reaching out to all Americans and extending the hand of compromise across the political spectrum as he began to steer the ship of state in the direction he envisioned it going, we'd be talking about a much different outcome for the present and future than we're staring down the barrel at today..


The voyage of discovery that truly matters is not in seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes.
Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns [Re: Az4x4] #150622 02/26/21 04:54 PM
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,726
peejman Offline
Platinum Member
*****
Offline
Platinum Member
*****
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,726
Originally Posted by Muniac
You're correct about a two tiered justice system. Infuriating to say the least.


It's not justice system anymore, it's a legal system. You get all the justice you can afford.


Originally Posted by Az4x4
I don't disagree. I supported President Trump's efforts to "drain the swamp" when he came to Washington as well. Still, the 'my way or the highway' attitude that Trump took with him to Washington was more a 'mafia like' approach to governance than the job of President of The United States requires. It took him 4 years too long to realize that, and by then it was far too late.

Trump's 'know it all dictatorial ringmaster of the greatest show on earth' full blown narcissistic personality rubbed too many people in positions of power and authority the wrong way for him to be a truly effective American President, in spite of his best intentions. He turned out to be his own worst enemy, with even his most powerful political supporters quietly grating their teeth when he said, 'tweeted' or did the incredibly counter productive things he was know for.

The final straw was lending encouragement and support to the riled up mob that heard him speak prior to their march on the capital, ..and it took him weeks after that debacle had been put down to finally admit that the things he said and the encouragement he gave in the heat of that moment had the effect they did.

Had Trump come to Washington openhandedly seeking the support and counsel of the best and brightest the Republican party had to offer, then worked 'within that framework' to accomplish his goals, reaching out to all Americans and extending the hand of compromise across the political spectrum as he began to steer the ship of state in the direction he envisioned it going, we'd be talking about a much different outcome for the present and future than we're staring down the barrel at today..


America got exactly what it asked for with Trump. He's not a President, he's a CEO. The two roles are distinctly different. As you say, one works within the bounds of the established system of governance and the other gives orders and demands they be followed, or else.

Now America will get exactly what it asked for with Biden. Time will tell how that plays out.


This shall pass, be still and know.
2006 XT225, UNI filter, ProTaper bars, MSR handguards, SS front brake line, Shinko 241's.
Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns [Re: JerryH] #150623 02/26/21 05:11 PM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 268
D
Deserteagle56 Offline
Member L2
*****
Offline
Member L2
*****
D
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 268
Originally Posted by JerryH
control of the media, big tech, or the courts. In fact he fought them all the way. And they fought him all the way. As strange as it seems, the mainstream Marxist media now seems to be turning on Biden.


I agree with the media having a decided Marxist bent. But you have to realize that the media is big business. They are mercenary, and they do all they can to foment controversy in the hope it will increase their viewership/readership. Anything to stir the pot, and that is why they appear to be "attacking" Biden and Cuomo. Got to keep blaring out those headlines, no matter who is the target, in the hopes that people will read them.

In my case at least, what they've done is lose me completely. All my life it used to be a ritual, if I was home, to watch the evening news both national and local. No longer. Now the only news I watch is the local, to keep up with what is going on in my state and my county. I can no longer give credence to what I hear from the national media because it is so tainted. They are no longer reporting just facts.

Last edited by Deserteagle56; 02/26/21 05:12 PM.

Worshipper of sun and wild country.
Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns [Re: Muniac] #150624 02/26/21 05:31 PM
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 345
O
onceona50 Online Content
Member L3
*****
Online Content
Member L3
*****
O
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 345
I voted for Trump once. Instead of draining the swamp, he caused it to overflow.


2018 XT250 New 06/12/18. Now at 8,700 miles.
Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns [Re: peejman] #150626 02/26/21 07:16 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,860
Az4x4 Offline
Platinum Member
*****
Offline
Platinum Member
*****
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,860

Originally Posted by peejman
.......America got exactly what it asked for with Trump. He's not a President, he's a CEO. The two roles are distinctly different. As you say, one works within the bounds of the established system of governance and the other gives orders and demands they be followed, or else.

Now America will get exactly what it asked for with Biden. Time will tell how that plays out..

Precisely said..


The voyage of discovery that truly matters is not in seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes.
Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns [Re: Muniac] #150627 02/26/21 10:05 PM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,181
Muniac Offline OP
Platinum Member
*****
OP Offline
Platinum Member
*****
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,181
I too have abandoned the MSM. When the day is done, the market will decide what succeeds and what doesn't get watched. Businesses will meet market demands or cease to exist. FaceBook stock is down about $51B so there's what the market is saying. Poland (one of several countries) has a lawsuit in the works with FaceBook for violating the country's laws regarding free speech. Certain laws apply within its borders regardless of where the servers are located. In general, people aren't happy about being told to shut up and/or that their views are conspiracy theories or conjecture. That being if they don't align with the left's views or any other power base. They are less happy about being de-platformed, deleted, de-monetized or shadow banned. My read is alt tech platforms will continue to gain traction as the market makes its preferences heard. I think this is the best way to resolve censorship. Provide choices and let people pick what works best for them. Good journalism is dead and has been for a while. That said, some good commentary is available on the internet if you dig a bit.

As for perfection in leadership, if you want that then vote for Jesus Christ. Last I checked he wasn't on any ballots. Never in my life have I seen such stark contrast in leadership crossing a single administration. I'm not thrilled with Biden, Harris or the circle jerk of Obama era retreads now in government. I also don't espouse hatred for those thinking Biden will be a good President. Each to his/her own and time will tell how well things go. Early indicators suggest the priorities are in the wrong places. In this case, the globe becomes the market and its response to how America conducts herself will be interesting. As I've said, "You're not going to like what's coming!"

I'm fairly deep in local politics and our neighborhood action group. We've been able to effect positive change by organizing and focusing on common problems. There is a lot to be said for solving political problems from the bottom up.

CPAC began on Thursday and will run through Sunday. Trump is scheduled to speak at 3:30 EST at the Hyatt Regency in Orlando, FL. I think CSPAN will cover it. I'm also sure someone will upload the speech. Lots of people speaking at that event so hot air will be flowing. Our most important issues are restoring election integrity and getting open news platforms established. I also think 2021 is going to make 2020 seem like a back rub. Buckle up!


Evolve & Simplify
Be There or Be Nowhere! A Few Adventures & Video
Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns [Re: Deserteagle56] #150628 02/26/21 11:16 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,860
Az4x4 Offline
Platinum Member
*****
Offline
Platinum Member
*****
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,860

Originally Posted by Deserteagle56
.......All my life it used to be a ritual, if I was home, to watch the evening news both national and local. No longer. Now the only news I watch is the local, to keep up with what is going on in my state and my county..

I don't 'watch' broadcast TV at all, but I do read local sources to stay up with what's going on in my state and county.

Originally Posted by Deserteagle56
..I can no longer give credence to what I hear from the national media because it is so tainted. They are no longer reporting just facts..

Fact based 'reporting' long ago bit the dust. Now the media 'shapes the narrative' to please their owners and feed their readership the 'party line' that's most in vogue (most profitable) right now.

Sex continues to sell, as does the narrative that men and boys who think of themselves as women and girls are in fact women and girls and must be treated as such, with nothing out of bounds to this minuscule 'favored class' amongst us - and vice versa with women and girls who consider themselves men and boys. What a crock..

Bashing opposing political views with made up 'facts' and 'who gives a flying f*ck if it's true or not' reporting is the name of the game these days. Finding unbiased fact based U.S. 'reporting' is impossible any more.

Like you, DE, I pretty much avoid even trying these days..


The voyage of discovery that truly matters is not in seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Web & Site Search
Google
 
Custom TO Customer
Specialty Resource
Fab Ads
Boardcaster Updates

Board Upgrade: Board upgrade to V7.7.3 has been completed on Monday Feb 3rd 2020. Ride safely. Enjoy the new software!

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 28 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(All Time)
Reggie 11,645
Muniac 6,181
alexd 5,915
Az4x4 4,860
Moto Psycho 4,684
peejman 3,726
kris 2,366
Paul49 1,938
JerryH 1,842
Doc250 1,643
Forum Statistics
Forums38
Topics16,406
Posts147,553
Members5,626
Most Online279
Dec 6th, 2019
Newest Members
noidsleft7876, Welsh Gai, BC John, Marcel SF, Mike_G
5626 Registered Users
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3