Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns [Re: Muniac] #150551 02/22/21 04:14 PM
Az4x4 Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

In an editorial two days ago, The St. Louis Post-Dispatch suggested that Biden is in a position to make the gun control lobby's dreams come true.

The Post-Dispatch editorial began:

"Three years ago last Sunday, a gunman opened fire with a semi-automatic rifle at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, killing 17. The deadliest high school shooting in U.S. history mobilized students and others to demand sane national gun policy, only to be thwarted by an obstinate Republican Party in the thrall of the National Rifle Association. If the Biden administration and the new Democrat-dominated Congress do nothing else in the coming two years, it’s crucial they institute universal background checks and other rational reforms."

Apparently the author didn't know and/or didn't care that universal background checks would not have prevented the Parkland shooting, since the Post-Dispatch editorial calls such checks part of “rational reforms". It's simply fact that universal background checks would not have prevented the vast majority of mass attacks that have occurred the past decade, because all these attackers acquired their guns at retail following background checks, including the Parkland shooter.

A partial list of mass attackers who purchased their guns after undergoing background checks follows:

"Virginia Beach attacker (May 31, 2019)
Poway Synagogue attacker (April 27, 2019)
Tree of Life Synagogue attacker (October 27, 2018)
Parkland high school attacker (February 14, 2018)
Texas church attacker (November 5, 2017)
Las Vegas attacker (October 1, 2017)
the Alexandria attacker (June 14, 2017))
Orlando attacker (June 12, 2016)
the UCLA gunman (June 1, 2016))
the San Bernardino attackers (December 2, 2015)
the Colorado Springs attacker (October 31, 2015)
the Umpqua Community College attacker (October 1, 2015)
Alison Parker’s attacker (August 26, 2015)
the Lafayette movie theater attacker (July 23, 2015)
the Chattanooga attacker (July 16, 2015)
the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal attacker (Jun 17, 2015)
the Muhammad Carton Contest attackers (May 3, 2014)
the Las Vegas cop killers (June 9, 2015)
the Santa Barbara attacker (May 23, 2014)
the Fort Hood attacker (April 2, 2014)
the Arapahoe High School attacker (December 13, 2013)
the D.C. Navy Yard attacker (September 16, 2013)
the Aurora movie theater attacker (July 20, 2012)
Gabby Giffords’ attacker (January 8, 2011)
the Fort Hood attacker (November 5, 2009)
the Virginia Tech attacker (April 16, 2007)
"

Universal background checks would not have stopped even one of these attacks. These attackers acquired their guns at retail and were cleared via background checks. In reality what universal background checks will do is make it a crime for gun owners to sell a firearm to a family member, friend, neighbor or coworker unless that private sale is completed following an FBI background check, which they will have to pay for.

All this will do is make 'criminals' out of multiple millions of law abiding gun owners who will simply no longer openly sell their guns, bypassing the 'universal background check' requirement in favor of common sense on their part in deciding if parting with a gun is warranted. Universal background checks will do nothing to reduce the risk of yet another mass public shooting, and in all of this the criminal element amongst us will simply laugh at such ridiculous restrictions while conducting business as usual behind closed doors.

Don't kid yourselves, such a move to 'universal background checks' is not the anti-gun lobby's end game, it's simply part of their opening move as they seek to criminalize the practice of our 2nd Amendment rights, their end game being to make constitutionally guaranteed citizen gun ownership both impracticable and unlawful. Period. End of discussion.

As has been said, "Once guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns."

..I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.. Dr. Phil
Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns [Re: Muniac] #150555 02/22/21 07:05 PM
D
Deserteagle56 Offline
Member L2
Member L2
D
Here's what they don't tell you about universal background checks. For those to work, every firearm in the country will have to be registered - put on a master government registration list - or it cannot work. This I didn't realize until it was pointed out by our county sheriff. He said this would be a nightmare for his department. There are literally millions of guns out there that no one has track of that have been sold between individuals, so no record of the sale.

So for universal background checks to work, all of us would have to go to a government agency and have them record the serial number, etc of every firearm we own and put it in a national register. Otherwise, if a police officer asks about a firearm in your possession you could just claim you got it X number of years ago, before universal background checks, from a private party and there is no way the police officer could prove you wrong. Once every firearm was entered in that national register, then law enforcement would be able to keep track of who owns what.

I used to think, even a few years ago, that national gun registration would never happen in this country. Now I'm not so sure. But I still believe that national registration will eventually lead to national confiscation....and that's because the government will want to protect itself against us.

Worshipper of sun and wild country.
Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns [Re: Muniac] #150556 02/22/21 10:39 PM
Muniac Offline OP
Platinum Member
OP Offline
Platinum Member
Let's keep on blaming the pencil for misspelled words and it's that stupid. Most people knowledgeable with gun violence from the psychiatric perspective will tell you this is a mental disorder which needs to be treated medically. Not by removing our guns. Of course, guns aren't actually being removed. It just their ownership is being made so difficult it will become impractical to own a gun. They can also remove guns by making ammunition expensive or unavailable. There still remains a lot of uninformed people out there that think removing guns will reduce violent crimes. Criminals will always have access to guns. And for those wanting to kill people, they will find ways guns or no guns. Leaving us without guns just increases the number of soft targets out there. As I've been saying, "You're not going to like what's coming." The HR 127 bill should provide clarity on how out of touch our representatives are with the US Constitution. And that they hate the people who elected them. It remains to be seen how much the nation will tolerate seeing its freedoms being removed. And/or over regulated.

Evolve & Simplify
Be There or Be Nowhere! A Few Adventures & Video
Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns [Re: Muniac] #150560 02/23/21 12:15 AM
J
JerryH Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
J
I will never have anything to do with gun registration. I pretty much already have all the guns I need already. At least half of them were bought from private sellers. Gun registration would be illegal and un Constitutional. Hopefully if it ever happens, no one will comply with it. People try to compare it to vehicle registration. They don't seem to understand that gun ownership is a Constitutionally guaranteed RIGHT, while vehicle ownership or use is not. They also try to compare the U.S. to other countries. We are NOT other countries, and our Constitution and Bill of Rights is one thing that makes us different and, at least IMO, better.

"Freedom is something that dies unless it's used." Hunter S Thompson

The above is my opinion. Your mileage may vary.
1994/2001 custom built XT225 with a ton of aftermarket parts.

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns [Re: Muniac] #150568 02/23/21 03:14 PM
O
onceona50 Offline
Member L4
Member L4
O
Guns aren't the problem, its people with mental disorders.

2018 XT250 New 06/12/18. Now at 13,900 miles.
Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns [Re: JerryH] #150569 02/23/21 03:51 PM
peejman Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Originally Posted by JerryH
People try to compare it to vehicle registration. They don't seem to understand that gun ownership is a Constitutionally guaranteed RIGHT, while vehicle ownership or use is not.

If government mandated vehicle registration, inspection, insurance, license and training requirememts dramatically reduced the number of people killed, I'd fully support gun registration and licensing requirements. But they don't.

For reasons I don't understand, politicians have some sort of mental block and can't grasp the concept that criminals don't obey the law. It doesn't matter what laws are put in place, criminals won't follow them. I'm not sure why that's so difficult to accept.

This shall pass, be still and know.
2006 XT225, UNI filter, ProTaper bars, MSR handguards, SS front brake line, Shinko 241's.
Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns [Re: Muniac] #150582 02/23/21 09:13 PM
O
onceona50 Offline
Member L4
Member L4
O
^^^^^^Exactly!

2018 XT250 New 06/12/18. Now at 13,900 miles.
Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns [Re: Muniac] #150601 02/25/21 04:27 AM
J
JerryH Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
J
I think that politicians know full well that more anti gun laws won't reduce crime. They just want to get rid of guns. They want a bigger and more powerful government, and millions of people with guns could present a problem with that idea. If people don't stand up for their rights now, the U.S. could be just like the PROC in 50 years. And I have a grandchild on the way.

The above is my opinion. Your mileage may vary.
1994/2001 custom built XT225 with a ton of aftermarket parts.

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns [Re: Muniac] #150607 02/25/21 03:47 PM
Muniac Offline OP
Platinum Member
OP Offline
Platinum Member
These words from the Declaration of Independence apply:

"[W]henever any Form of Government becomes destructive of [Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness], it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness … [W]hen a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." Following a detailed list of "oppressions," the Declaration states, "In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince [meaning King George III] whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."

Easier said than done. I believe change will come from the bottom up by removing one crackpot at a time. No quick fixes that I can see either.

For reasons I don't understand, politicians have some sort of mental block and can't grasp the concept that criminals don't obey the law. It doesn't matter what laws are put in place, criminals won't follow them. I'm not sure why that's so difficult to accept.

The Washington beltway fully accepts it. Criminal behavior is how they run the country. For us it's smoke and mirrors so we can't see our rights being stripped away.

Evolve & Simplify
Be There or Be Nowhere! A Few Adventures & Video
Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns [Re: Muniac] #150614 02/25/21 08:52 PM
peejman Offline
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Originally Posted by Muniac
The Washington beltway fully accepts it. Criminal behavior is how they run the country. For us it's smoke and mirrors so we can't see our rights being stripped away.

But it's not a crime when they do it....

This shall pass, be still and know.
2006 XT225, UNI filter, ProTaper bars, MSR handguards, SS front brake line, Shinko 241's.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Web & Site Search
Google

Custom TO Customer
Specialty Resource and DONATE
Fab Ads
Boardcaster Updates

Board Upgrade: Board upgrade to V7.7.3 has been completed on Monday Feb 3rd 2020. Ride safely. Enjoy the new software!

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 22 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(All Time)
Reggie 11,645
Muniac 6,615
alexd 5,915
Az4x4 5,064
Moto Psycho 4,684
peejman 4,153
kris 2,366
JerryH 2,152
Paul49 2,112
Doc250 1,643
Forum Statistics