Official XT225+250 Rider's Group Home Page

XT225/XT250 & Guns

Posted By: Muniac

XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/02/21 05:06 PM

Hi - I know over the years people that enjoy hunting have incorporated their XT as a means of accessing hunting territory. Or have brought their bike along when camping. Although not common people here have discussed gun racks for their bikes and carrying a firearm while riding. We did this when riding the back county in the Sierra Ancha Wilderness Area in AZ. Some years back there was a scare with rabid wild pigs up there. I did my concealed weapons training in AZ too which was an excellent course! We took a firearm with us on the rides we did up there. Never had to use it either but it brought along some peace of mind.

There is a bill now called HR 127 that's going to influence gun ownership. An internet commentator unpacks the major details in this this VIDEO. The bottom line is the government isn't actually banning gun ownership but making ownership just about impossible through endless red tape, confusing laws, pentaltes and over regulation. Take the video and commentary for what it's worth. The bill (PDF) is 19 pages authored by Ms. Jackson Lee.

As I've said, "You're not going to like what's coming!".

There are a lot of people very upset with what's going on. That from both sides of the isle. The tensions, division, reactions and feelings I see expressed are unprecedented in my lifetime. In other words, I've never seen anything like it. So much that never entered our minds just a few years ago seems to be knock out punches now. I believe that discussions, exchanges, information, opinions and personal takes on what's going on are a better alternative to censorship, loss of freedom and suppression. The HR 127 dope above is presented with that in mind. I believe we should know what's going on and hope it motives a constructive response. I feel very strongly about protecting our 1st and 2nd amendments. And also our constitution which is supposed to protect our nation and all who live here. Last time I checked anyway.
Posted By: onceona50

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/02/21 05:28 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/23/us/politics/sheila-jackson-lee-cbc-chairwoman.html Sheila Jackson Lee Leaves 2 Posts After Aide Says She Was Fired for Reporting Sexual Assault.

She was born in Queens, New York and represents the 18th Congressional District of Houston Texas.

The Bill would mandate the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit
the possession of certain ammunition.

Tell your representatives what you think. Mine is a Republican. Sorry for Houston.

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/02/21 06:22 PM

Thanks. I have a lot of friends that target shoot and hunt. I frequently run into hunters during hunting season given hunting in our area goes back to the Homestead Act days. It's very popular and how people fed their families back in the day. All the hunters and gun owners I've had contact with are law abiding and responsible. That said, I don't hunt but feel it's our 2nd amendment right that should prevail and allow people to own firearms. And not have to jump through hoops to enjoy guns, gun collecting, target shooting and hunting. Now we blame the pencil for misspelled words which is taking us down the wrong roads.

I hope the above information gets gun owners to express their dissatisfaction with a bill that's out of the pail. Or at least gets people on board with what's in the works.
Posted By: Az4x4

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/02/21 07:33 PM

As a life long firearm owner, avid hunter, target shooter and former police officer, who grew up in remote environments with rifles, shotguns and handguns on hand as tools used to keep coyotes, wild dogs and other predators from killing young livestock, while securing these farms and ranches from uninvited encroachment of any sort, ..much if not most of what goes on today in our cities and heavily populated diverse areas insofar as firearm use is concerned is unfortunately impossible to justify.

Firearms, used responsible and appropriately, have long been a constitutionally guaranteed 2nd Amendment right that we as Americans enjoy. But like the assault on our Freedom of Speech 1st Amendment rights, our 2nd Amendment rights are being threatened in ways that don't bode well for any of us if these attacks aren't responded to with a more up to date realistic view of their relative appropriateness and application in today's world.

I don't have all the answers. No one does. But arming themselves with military style rifles that can readily be modified to fire in 'full automatic' mode, as though people are preparing for 'full scale war' with 'others' they've been conditioned to view as 'the enemy', doesn't take a lot of brain power to recognize as evidence of terminal insanity..

How we solve this remains to be seen, ..but solve it we must, or it'll get the best of all of us..

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/02/21 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Az4x4

arming themselves with military style rifles that can readily be modified to fire in 'full automatic' mode, as though people are preparing for 'full scale war' with 'others' they've been conditioned to view as 'the enemy',doesn't take a lot of brain power to recognize as evidence of terminal insanity..

How we solve this remains to be seen, ..but solve it we must, or it'll get the best of all of us.

Well said, and I completely agree as a lifelong hunter/target shooter. We can't let the nitwits take over.
Posted By: peejman

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/03/21 06:34 PM

As a life long firearm owner, avid hunter, target shooter and former police officer, who grew up in remote environments with rifles, shotguns and handguns on hand as tools used to keep coyotes, wild dogs and other predators from killing young livestock, while securing these farms and ranches from uninvited encroachment of any sort, ..much if not most of what goes on today in our cities and heavily populated diverse areas insofar as firearm use is concerned is unfortunately impossible to justify.

Firearms, used responsible and appropriately, have long been a constitutionally guaranteed 2nd Amendment right that we as Americans enjoy. But like the assault on our Freedom of Speech 1st Amendment rights, our 2nd Amendment rights are being threatened in ways that don't bode well for any of us if these attacks aren't responded to with a more up to date realistic view of their relative appropriateness and application in today's world.

I don't have all the answers. No one does. But arming themselves with military style rifles that can readily be modified to fire in 'full automatic' mode, as though people are preparing for 'full scale war' with 'others' they've been conditioned to view as 'the enemy', doesn't take a lot of brain power to recognize as evidence of terminal insanity..

How we solve this remains to be seen, ..but solve it we must, or it'll get the best of all of us..

What are you referring to by "readily modified to full auto"? I agree that the tacti-cool crowd isn't doing gun owners any favors. Unfortunately there are extremists in any group that make the rest look bad, motorcycles included.

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/03/21 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by peejman
.......What are you referring to by "readily modified to full auto"? I agree that the tacti-cool crowd isn't doing gun owners any favors. Unfortunately there are extremists in any group that make the rest look bad, motorcycles included..

With the right weapon in hand, an older version AR-15 for example, there are parts available under the table that allow them to be rebuilt as fully automatic. Add some 30 round clips to your rebuilt weapon package and you've got the kind of firepower at your finger tips that "tacti-cool" (descriptive word) extremist groups covet..

Bump stocks aren't for sale any longer, but that doesn't mean they're no longer available..

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/04/21 12:24 PM

With the right weapon in hand, an older version AR-15 for example, there are parts available under the table that allow them to be rebuilt as fully automatic. Add some 30 round clips to your rebuilt weapon package and you've got the kind of firepower at your finger tips that "tacti-cool" (descriptive word) extremist groups covet..

Bump stocks aren't for sale any longer, but that doesn't mean they're no longer available..

So any semi-automatic firearm with a box magazine. Interesting. That's exactly Uncle Joe's definition of an "assault weapon".

What's your thoughts on the Gun Control Act of 1968?

Posted By: JerryH

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/05/21 06:11 PM

I own an AR-15, and several 30 round magazines. It is SEMI AUTOMATIC. This rifle was designed by Eugene Stoner back in the early '60s, and has been legal from the beginning. My state has no limits on magazine capacity. I bought it back before the 2016 elections, just to make sure I had one in case the election went the wrong way and they were no longer available. I have only used it a little as a target rifle. Even 3 years ago, .223/556 ammo was close to $.40 a round, it was just too expensive for me to shoot.

I have always used a .22 rifle and a 12 gauge shotgun for target shooting. I live in town (unfortunately) so the AR-15 is unusable as a home defense weapon. I would not want a stray round hitting someone across the street. I use a 9mm semi auto handgun loaded with hollow points for home defense. I concealed carry a micro .380 pistol (AZ is a Constitutional carry state, and before that I had a concealed weapons permit) I wear jeans and a t shirt 99.9% of the time, and simply cannot conceal anything larger.

I no longer hunt, and haven't for a long time. I lost interest in killing just for fun. Hunting for food is different, in my eyes. But to each their own. I know several people that hunt and have no problem with it. It's just something I decided I didn't want to do.

Up until recently I did enjoy target shooting, and even got into black powder muzzle loaders. But for the time being I have given that up. I am saving the ammunition I have because of the ammo shortage. .22lr now costs 10 times what it did in 2019. I am using a pellet gun in my back yard. Even .177 pellets have doubled in price, but they are still affordable.

Anyone who buys, builds, or converts a gun capable of being fully automatic is committing a crime. But that will always be a problem. Criminals do not follow the law. And that is the problem with gun control. It tries to prevent law abiding citizens from having guns, but does nothing to prevent criminals from having/using them. There are a ton of laws currently in existence that, IF enforced, WOULD make a big difference in gun related crime by criminals, but they don't enforce them. Gun control has nothing to do with preventing crime. It is intended to prevent law abiding citizens from having guns, which is about as un Constitutional as it gets. It will turn law abiding citizens into criminals by technicality.

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/05/21 09:52 PM

We have a couple of pistols and a pellet rifle. I use the pellet rifle for ridding the property of troublesome rodents. Haven't shot the pistols in years. Both Jeannie and I have concealed carry permits which are up to date. Everyone up here on the mesa owns guns. It's common place. CO allows open carry which I'd never do as I think it invites potential trouble. All of our law enforcement (police, state police, marshals and sheriff) are networked and fully functional. I'll let them open carry the guns to protect and serve. Nobody I know hunts for just sport although I'm sure it goes on. The vast majority hunt for the game meat and have the equipment to process it. Common game here are deer and elk with elk being the preferred game. Elk are hard to hunt. My one friend has a high power custom rifle which he paid $3,500 for. It can shoot accurately to 1200 yards which is impressive. The scope compensates for wind, gravity and earth curvature. Many have guns as a hobby and target shoot. I'm perfectly fine with this.

Although I'm not active with firearms, I support our 2nd amendment rights to own firearms. Blaming the pencil for misspelled words might be politically correct but makes no sense. Criminal behavior needs to have blame assigned at its source and prosecuted according to the rule of law. All of these laws are in place and well documented. Where it goes wrong is when people start gaming the system to advance personal and/or political agendas. When I purchased my pistol (in TX) I had a thorough FBI background check. If I had some much as farted at the wrong dinner table I would have failed.

Killing (mass or otherwise) is a mental disorder and needs to be treated as such. Outlawing guns or making them impossible to own isn't going to fix the problem. As JerryH points out it simply makes criminals out of responsible law abiding citizens. The left already knows trying to take away guns would throw the nation into a civil war. So they don't try that approach they simply pass unconstitutional laws that make gun ownership inconvenient and/or expensive. And issuing intimidating threats and imposing heavy fines for non-compliance. They can also make ammunition impossible to obtain. Gaming the system and circumventing the constitution to accomplish their goals. Firearms education would be a much better approach IMHO.

If someone wants to take a life or lives they will find ways. If guns are made illegal that just opens up a black market. Criminals will always have access to guns. Padding the world isn't the way forward and makes no more sense than blaming the steering wheel for reckless driving. As I've said, "You're not going to like what's coming."

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/22/21 04:14 PM

In an editorial two days ago, The St. Louis Post-Dispatch suggested that Biden is in a position to make the gun control lobby's dreams come true.

The Post-Dispatch editorial began:

"Three years ago last Sunday, a gunman opened fire with a semi-automatic rifle at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, killing 17. The deadliest high school shooting in U.S. history mobilized students and others to demand sane national gun policy, only to be thwarted by an obstinate Republican Party in the thrall of the National Rifle Association. If the Biden administration and the new Democrat-dominated Congress do nothing else in the coming two years, it’s crucial they institute universal background checks and other rational reforms."

Apparently the author didn't know and/or didn't care that universal background checks would not have prevented the Parkland shooting, since the Post-Dispatch editorial calls such checks part of “rational reforms". It's simply fact that universal background checks would not have prevented the vast majority of mass attacks that have occurred the past decade, because all these attackers acquired their guns at retail following background checks, including the Parkland shooter.

A partial list of mass attackers who purchased their guns after undergoing background checks follows:

"Virginia Beach attacker (May 31, 2019)
Poway Synagogue attacker (April 27, 2019)
Tree of Life Synagogue attacker (October 27, 2018)
Parkland high school attacker (February 14, 2018)
Texas church attacker (November 5, 2017)
Las Vegas attacker (October 1, 2017)
the Alexandria attacker (June 14, 2017))
Orlando attacker (June 12, 2016)
the UCLA gunman (June 1, 2016))
the San Bernardino attackers (December 2, 2015)
the Colorado Springs attacker (October 31, 2015)
the Umpqua Community College attacker (October 1, 2015)
Alison Parker’s attacker (August 26, 2015)
the Lafayette movie theater attacker (July 23, 2015)
the Chattanooga attacker (July 16, 2015)
the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal attacker (Jun 17, 2015)
the Muhammad Carton Contest attackers (May 3, 2014)
the Las Vegas cop killers (June 9, 2015)
the Santa Barbara attacker (May 23, 2014)
the Fort Hood attacker (April 2, 2014)
the Arapahoe High School attacker (December 13, 2013)
the D.C. Navy Yard attacker (September 16, 2013)
the Aurora movie theater attacker (July 20, 2012)
Gabby Giffords’ attacker (January 8, 2011)
the Fort Hood attacker (November 5, 2009)
the Virginia Tech attacker (April 16, 2007)
"

Universal background checks would not have stopped even one of these attacks. These attackers acquired their guns at retail and were cleared via background checks. In reality what universal background checks will do is make it a crime for gun owners to sell a firearm to a family member, friend, neighbor or coworker unless that private sale is completed following an FBI background check, which they will have to pay for.

All this will do is make 'criminals' out of multiple millions of law abiding gun owners who will simply no longer openly sell their guns, bypassing the 'universal background check' requirement in favor of common sense on their part in deciding if parting with a gun is warranted. Universal background checks will do nothing to reduce the risk of yet another mass public shooting, and in all of this the criminal element amongst us will simply laugh at such ridiculous restrictions while conducting business as usual behind closed doors.

Don't kid yourselves, such a move to 'universal background checks' is not the anti-gun lobby's end game, it's simply part of their opening move as they seek to criminalize the practice of our 2nd Amendment rights, their end game being to make constitutionally guaranteed citizen gun ownership both impracticable and unlawful. Period. End of discussion.

As has been said, "Once guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns."
Posted By: Deserteagle56

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/22/21 07:05 PM

Here's what they don't tell you about universal background checks. For those to work, every firearm in the country will have to be registered - put on a master government registration list - or it cannot work. This I didn't realize until it was pointed out by our county sheriff. He said this would be a nightmare for his department. There are literally millions of guns out there that no one has track of that have been sold between individuals, so no record of the sale.

So for universal background checks to work, all of us would have to go to a government agency and have them record the serial number, etc of every firearm we own and put it in a national register. Otherwise, if a police officer asks about a firearm in your possession you could just claim you got it X number of years ago, before universal background checks, from a private party and there is no way the police officer could prove you wrong. Once every firearm was entered in that national register, then law enforcement would be able to keep track of who owns what.

I used to think, even a few years ago, that national gun registration would never happen in this country. Now I'm not so sure. But I still believe that national registration will eventually lead to national confiscation....and that's because the government will want to protect itself against us.

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/22/21 10:39 PM

Let's keep on blaming the pencil for misspelled words and it's that stupid. Most people knowledgeable with gun violence from the psychiatric perspective will tell you this is a mental disorder which needs to be treated medically. Not by removing our guns. Of course, guns aren't actually being removed. It just their ownership is being made so difficult it will become impractical to own a gun. They can also remove guns by making ammunition expensive or unavailable. There still remains a lot of uninformed people out there that think removing guns will reduce violent crimes. Criminals will always have access to guns. And for those wanting to kill people, they will find ways guns or no guns. Leaving us without guns just increases the number of soft targets out there. As I've been saying, "You're not going to like what's coming." The HR 127 bill should provide clarity on how out of touch our representatives are with the US Constitution. And that they hate the people who elected them. It remains to be seen how much the nation will tolerate seeing its freedoms being removed. And/or over regulated.

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/23/21 12:15 AM

I will never have anything to do with gun registration. I pretty much already have all the guns I need already. At least half of them were bought from private sellers. Gun registration would be illegal and un Constitutional. Hopefully if it ever happens, no one will comply with it. People try to compare it to vehicle registration. They don't seem to understand that gun ownership is a Constitutionally guaranteed RIGHT, while vehicle ownership or use is not. They also try to compare the U.S. to other countries. We are NOT other countries, and our Constitution and Bill of Rights is one thing that makes us different and, at least IMO, better.

"Freedom is something that dies unless it's used." Hunter S Thompson

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/23/21 03:14 PM

Guns aren't the problem, its people with mental disorders.

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/23/21 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by JerryH
People try to compare it to vehicle registration. They don't seem to understand that gun ownership is a Constitutionally guaranteed RIGHT, while vehicle ownership or use is not.

If government mandated vehicle registration, inspection, insurance, license and training requirememts dramatically reduced the number of people killed, I'd fully support gun registration and licensing requirements. But they don't.

For reasons I don't understand, politicians have some sort of mental block and can't grasp the concept that criminals don't obey the law. It doesn't matter what laws are put in place, criminals won't follow them. I'm not sure why that's so difficult to accept.

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/23/21 09:13 PM

^^^^^^Exactly!

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/25/21 04:27 AM

I think that politicians know full well that more anti gun laws won't reduce crime. They just want to get rid of guns. They want a bigger and more powerful government, and millions of people with guns could present a problem with that idea. If people don't stand up for their rights now, the U.S. could be just like the PROC in 50 years. And I have a grandchild on the way.

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/25/21 03:47 PM

These words from the Declaration of Independence apply:

"[W]henever any Form of Government becomes destructive of [Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness], it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness … [W]hen a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." Following a detailed list of "oppressions," the Declaration states, "In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince [meaning King George III] whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."

Easier said than done. I believe change will come from the bottom up by removing one crackpot at a time. No quick fixes that I can see either.

For reasons I don't understand, politicians have some sort of mental block and can't grasp the concept that criminals don't obey the law. It doesn't matter what laws are put in place, criminals won't follow them. I'm not sure why that's so difficult to accept.

The Washington beltway fully accepts it. Criminal behavior is how they run the country. For us it's smoke and mirrors so we can't see our rights being stripped away.

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/25/21 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Muniac
The Washington beltway fully accepts it. Criminal behavior is how they run the country. For us it's smoke and mirrors so we can't see our rights being stripped away.

But it's not a crime when they do it....

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/25/21 09:43 PM

You're correct about a two tiered justice system. Infuriating to say the least.

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/26/21 01:00 AM

..You're correct about a two tiered justice system. Infuriating to say the least..

Our country looks and behaves like a mafia run state. This took root under President Trump, but it barely began with him. Totalitarian regimes today operate behind a facade of democracy while ruling through their influence and control of the media, big tech, the judiciary, and other centers of influence. Their sole aim is to enrich themselves while maintaining their power, to hell with the the American people at large.

Nations in which strongmen rule and no pretense of democratic governance is in evidence are at the extreme end of the totalitarian scale. Other's like Russia, Hungry, Turkey and the Philippines are seen as mafia like states which maintain a facade of democracy while their rulers use their control of the media, the judiciary, big tech and other centers of influence to enrich and maintain themselves in power.

Today the United States looks and behaves more like a mafia run state than the Constitutional Republic it was set up to be. This became increasingly evident under President Trump. But the problem did not end with him. It took root during his presidency and is now beginning to come into its own under Joe Biden and his leftist control freak cabal. ..God help us all..

"We're not in Kansas any more, Toto..", and the Republic we once had is fast disappearing right before our eyes..

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/26/21 06:46 AM

..You're correct about a two tiered justice system. Infuriating to say the least..

Our country looks and behaves like a mafia run state. This took root under President Trump, but it barely began with him. Totalitarian regimes today operate behind a facade of democracy while ruling through their influence and control of the media, big tech, the judiciary, and other centers of influence. Their sole aim is to enrich themselves while maintaining their power, to hell with the the American people at large.

Nations in which strongmen rule and no pretense of democratic governance is in evidence are at the extreme end of the totalitarian scale. Other's like Russia, Hungry, Turkey and the Philippines are seen as mafia like states which maintain a facade of democracy while their rulers use their control of the media, the judiciary, big tech and other centers of influence to enrich and maintain themselves in power.

Today the United States looks and behaves more like a mafia run state than the Constitutional Republic it was set up to be. This became increasingly evident under President Trump. But the problem did not end with him. It took root during his presidency and is now beginning to come into its own under Joe Biden and his leftist control freak cabal. ..God help us all..

"We're not in Kansas any more, Toto..", and the Republic we once had is fast disappearing right before our eyes..

I agree with 90+% of what you said. But I still totally support President Trump. His goal from the beginning was to put a stop to this kind of thing. To "drain the swamp" His mistake was in not realizing just how deep the swamp was. But he certainly did not have control of the media, big tech, or the courts. In fact he fought them all the way. And they fought him all the way. As strange as it seems, the mainstream Marxist media now seems to be turning on Biden. And Cuomo. Even Democrats (or Demonic Rats as I call them) have turned against Cuomo, who was the darling of the Democratic establishment not long ago. Doesn't look like Newsom in CA is doing so well either. I would love to see NY and CA get Republican governors, as long as it isn't Romney. The Antifa and BLM riots are still going on even with Biden in office, so I guess that Trump wasn't the cause of that either. And new highs in the CV death rates have happened since Biden took over. Where was that plan.........

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/26/21 03:36 PM

.......I agree with 90+% of what you said. But I still totally support President Trump. His goal from the beginning was to put a stop to this kind of thing. To "drain the swamp" His mistake was in not realizing just how deep the swamp was. But he certainly did not have control of the media, big tech, or the courts......

I don't disagree. I supported President Trump's efforts to "drain the swamp" when he came to Washington as well. Still, the 'my way or the highway' attitude that Trump took with him to Washington was more a 'mafia like' approach to governance than the job of President of The United States requires. It took him 4 years too long to realize that, and by then it was far too late.

Trump's 'know it all dictatorial ringmaster of the greatest show on earth' full blown narcissistic personality rubbed too many people in positions of power and authority the wrong way for him to be a truly effective American President, in spite of his best intentions. He turned out to be his own worst enemy, with even his most powerful political supporters quietly grating their teeth when he said, 'tweeted' or did the incredibly counter productive things he was know for.

The final straw was lending encouragement and support to the riled up mob that heard him speak prior to their march on the capital, ..and it took him weeks after that debacle had been put down to finally admit that the things he said and the encouragement he gave in the heat of that moment had the effect they did.

Had Trump come to Washington openhandedly seeking the support and counsel of the best and brightest the Republican party had to offer, then worked 'within that framework' to accomplish his goals, reaching out to all Americans and extending the hand of compromise across the political spectrum as he began to steer the ship of state in the direction he envisioned it going, we'd be talking about a much different outcome for the present and future than we're staring down the barrel at today..

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/26/21 04:54 PM

You're correct about a two tiered justice system. Infuriating to say the least.

It's not justice system anymore, it's a legal system. You get all the justice you can afford.

I don't disagree. I supported President Trump's efforts to "drain the swamp" when he came to Washington as well. Still, the 'my way or the highway' attitude that Trump took with him to Washington was more a 'mafia like' approach to governance than the job of President of The United States requires. It took him 4 years too long to realize that, and by then it was far too late.

Trump's 'know it all dictatorial ringmaster of the greatest show on earth' full blown narcissistic personality rubbed too many people in positions of power and authority the wrong way for him to be a truly effective American President, in spite of his best intentions. He turned out to be his own worst enemy, with even his most powerful political supporters quietly grating their teeth when he said, 'tweeted' or did the incredibly counter productive things he was know for.

The final straw was lending encouragement and support to the riled up mob that heard him speak prior to their march on the capital, ..and it took him weeks after that debacle had been put down to finally admit that the things he said and the encouragement he gave in the heat of that moment had the effect they did.

Had Trump come to Washington openhandedly seeking the support and counsel of the best and brightest the Republican party had to offer, then worked 'within that framework' to accomplish his goals, reaching out to all Americans and extending the hand of compromise across the political spectrum as he began to steer the ship of state in the direction he envisioned it going, we'd be talking about a much different outcome for the present and future than we're staring down the barrel at today..

America got exactly what it asked for with Trump. He's not a President, he's a CEO. The two roles are distinctly different. As you say, one works within the bounds of the established system of governance and the other gives orders and demands they be followed, or else.

Now America will get exactly what it asked for with Biden. Time will tell how that plays out.

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/26/21 05:11 PM

control of the media, big tech, or the courts. In fact he fought them all the way. And they fought him all the way. As strange as it seems, the mainstream Marxist media now seems to be turning on Biden.

I agree with the media having a decided Marxist bent. But you have to realize that the media is big business. They are mercenary, and they do all they can to foment controversy in the hope it will increase their viewership/readership. Anything to stir the pot, and that is why they appear to be "attacking" Biden and Cuomo. Got to keep blaring out those headlines, no matter who is the target, in the hopes that people will read them.

In my case at least, what they've done is lose me completely. All my life it used to be a ritual, if I was home, to watch the evening news both national and local. No longer. Now the only news I watch is the local, to keep up with what is going on in my state and my county. I can no longer give credence to what I hear from the national media because it is so tainted. They are no longer reporting just facts.

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/26/21 05:31 PM

I voted for Trump once. Instead of draining the swamp, he caused it to overflow.

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/26/21 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by peejman
.......America got exactly what it asked for with Trump. He's not a President, he's a CEO. The two roles are distinctly different. As you say, one works within the bounds of the established system of governance and the other gives orders and demands they be followed, or else.

Now America will get exactly what it asked for with Biden. Time will tell how that plays out..

Precisely said..

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/26/21 10:05 PM

I too have abandoned the MSM. When the day is done, the market will decide what succeeds and what doesn't get watched. Businesses will meet market demands or cease to exist. FaceBook stock is down about $51B so there's what the market is saying. Poland (one of several countries) has a lawsuit in the works with FaceBook for violating the country's laws regarding free speech. Certain laws apply within its borders regardless of where the servers are located. In general, people aren't happy about being told to shut up and/or that their views are conspiracy theories or conjecture. That being if they don't align with the left's views or any other power base. They are less happy about being de-platformed, deleted, de-monetized or shadow banned. My read is alt tech platforms will continue to gain traction as the market makes its preferences heard. I think this is the best way to resolve censorship. Provide choices and let people pick what works best for them. Good journalism is dead and has been for a while. That said, some good commentary is available on the internet if you dig a bit.

As for perfection in leadership, if you want that then vote for Jesus Christ. Last I checked he wasn't on any ballots. Never in my life have I seen such stark contrast in leadership crossing a single administration. I'm not thrilled with Biden, Harris or the circle jerk of Obama era retreads now in government. I also don't espouse hatred for those thinking Biden will be a good President. Each to his/her own and time will tell how well things go. Early indicators suggest the priorities are in the wrong places. In this case, the globe becomes the market and its response to how America conducts herself will be interesting. As I've said, "You're not going to like what's coming!"

I'm fairly deep in local politics and our neighborhood action group. We've been able to effect positive change by organizing and focusing on common problems. There is a lot to be said for solving political problems from the bottom up.

CPAC began on Thursday and will run through Sunday. Trump is scheduled to speak at 3:30 EST at the Hyatt Regency in Orlando, FL. I think CSPAN will cover it. I'm also sure someone will upload the speech. Lots of people speaking at that event so hot air will be flowing. Our most important issues are restoring election integrity and getting open news platforms established. I also think 2021 is going to make 2020 seem like a back rub. Buckle up!

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/26/21 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Deserteagle56
.......All my life it used to be a ritual, if I was home, to watch the evening news both national and local. No longer. Now the only news I watch is the local, to keep up with what is going on in my state and my county..

I don't 'watch' broadcast TV at all, but I do read local sources to stay up with what's going on in my state and county.

Originally Posted by Deserteagle56
..I can no longer give credence to what I hear from the national media because it is so tainted. They are no longer reporting just facts..

Fact based 'reporting' long ago bit the dust. Now the media 'shapes the narrative' to please their owners and feed their readership the 'party line' that's most in vogue (most profitable) right now.

Sex continues to sell, as does the narrative that men and boys who think of themselves as women and girls are in fact women and girls and must be treated as such, with nothing out of bounds to this minuscule 'favored class' amongst us - and vice versa with women and girls who consider themselves men and boys. What a crock..

Bashing opposing political views with made up 'facts' and 'who gives a flying f*ck if it's true or not' reporting is the name of the game these days. Finding unbiased fact based U.S. 'reporting' is impossible any more.

Like you, DE, I pretty much avoid even trying these days..

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/26/21 11:29 PM

'within that framework' to accomplish his goals" The problem is, I see the "framework" as being the swamp. To fix things, everything needed to be completely scrapped and started over again from scratch, using the United States Constitution as the blueprint.

I never said Trump was perfect, far from it. but I still think he was infinitely better than what we have now. Not only did he not do a single thing I know of to hurt the American people (and yes, I could be wrong about that, I don't know about everything he did, the mainstream Marxist media did not accurately cover most of what he did and didn't do) but I agreed with pretty much everything I know about that he did. Nothing he did harmed me or anyone I know. He did everything possible to deal with the CV situation, the Antifa and BLM violence, border security in my state, etc. Obama, Biden, and Harris are just plain evil. By stopping work on the Keystone pipeline, he cost Americans 11,000 jobs, and the price of gas in Phoenix has already gone up $.80 a gallon. He is trying to undo everything Trump did, not because it was a bad thing, but just because Trump did it. He promised people trillions of dollars worth of free stuff (socialism) which there was no way to pay for, like free health care, free college education, an artificially high minimum wage, and a bunch of other things. Thankfully those things aren't going to happen.

I hope that "big tech" gets completely shut down. I love the idea of alternative platforms, I just hope that they don't flip and go liberal when they discover there is probably more money to be made that way. I eliminated my Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts. I still watch Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham, and Sean Hannity on FOX, but that is the extent of what I watch on MSM. And I think they need to leave FOX if they are going to maintain their credibility. I like and agree with what they say, but their employer is corrupt.

Considering how many RINOs we have, and the fact that the Republican party is probably as corrupt as the Democratic party, I am 100% in favor of a NEW party, based on the U.S. Constitution. Both main political parties are part of the swamp. One "expresses" very different views than the other, but when you get right down to it, they are all in it for the money and power. I believe in term limits and a lot of other limits on politicians. But, if that happened, we probably wouldn't have any politicians, very few would have any incentive to get into politics anymore.

In short, it's the worlds biggest mess, and unfortunately other than voting all I can do is stand by and watch it. And right now it is not very pretty.

As for what Trump said and did after the election, I really can't imagine myself doing much different, knowing that a presidential election had been stolen from me by a large and highly coordinated effort by the other side. As far as I am concerned, Biden is an illegitimate president. Even a few world leaders said the same thing, and have refused to have anything to do with him. President Trump was much more popular among other countries than the MSM would have you think. He had arranged agreements with dozens of world leaders that Biden is now trying to destroy. Obviously not everything he did was popular or well liked, nor should it have been. I especially liked his hardline stance against China. I consider them to be our largest enemy. Fortunately several other countries still have that stance, including Australia and India and many south Pacific nations. Even Russia has serious issues with China. Despite Biden, I don't think China's future looks that good. I get a lot of my U.S. news from Australian and Indian sources.

I highly recommend reading Jason Chaffetz's book The Deep State, as well as It Doesn't Hurt To Ask, and Unified, by Trey Gowdy. Two of my favorite politicians unfortunately no longer in office.

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/26/21 11:48 PM

Considering how many RINOs we have, and the fact that the Republican party is probably as corrupt as the Democratic party, I am 100% in favor of a NEW party, based on the U.S. Constitution. Both main political parties are part of the swamp. One "expresses" very different views than the other, but when you get right down to it, they are all in it for the money and power. I believe in term limits and a lot of other limits on politicians. But, if that happened, we probably wouldn't have any politicians, very few would have any incentive to get into politics anymore.

^ Truer words were never said, Jerry. I agree 100%.

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/26/21 11:59 PM

........I never said Trump was perfect, far from it. but I still think he was infinitely better than what we have now...........

Absolutely true. Couldn't agree more, Jerry...

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/27/21 01:09 AM

Trey Gowdy would be an excellent choice for 2024.

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/27/21 01:53 PM

Its fast-food's fault we're overweight. Its the pencil's fault we misspell words. Its the gun's fault we shoot each other. And now it's the city's fault we wreck our cars.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...s-liable-road-where-occurred/6832154002/

This is the world we live in.

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 02/28/21 04:58 PM

I still contend that 80M - 100M people aren't happy with what's going on. And that's just here in the USA. Globally, it's a much larger segment. How this groundswell of discontentment will play out isn't known yet. Temperatures are rising and it's just a matter of time before the rice boils over. Some of our states have governors that actually do represent their people. SD is one. Kristi Noem speaks at CPAC and is recommended viewing for common sense thinkers (27:00). She unpacks a lot of details and debunks myths about her state and explains how she's handled tough times. Setting a few records straight and refreshing our memories along the way.

Trump did call a lot of what was coming and nailed most of it, now looking back in hindsight. One point he made was explaining the physical, mental and emotional demands on a US President. And being able to go toe to toe with other nation leaders (Xi Jinping, Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong-un and Benjamin Netanyahu) all of whom are sharp as tacks. These people respect strength and expect nothing less form the USA or they will eat us for lunch. Especially China. JFK championed the idea that foreign policy was extremely important. It sill is today and perhaps more so. Such is how smart people play the game. Pantywaist leadership won't butter the biscuit for any nation leader without negative consequences. When the day is done, ultimately the work-a-day people are the ones who suffer. America is the gold standard for freedom and her people have enjoyed more of it than anyplace in the world. Seeing freedom becoming a memory is a bipartisan problem. Some people are right on this, others are experiencing delayed awareness and some just deny the facts. For me protecting our 1st and 2nd amendments rights are a high priority. Honest elections are equally as important as it's through this constitutional process we pick our leaders. When "we the people" no longer have a say in government it's high time the government be replaced with those that listen, represent us and uphold our constitution. If our say has been tampered with at the ballot box, that begs for serious investigation and corrective actions. Which can't happen soon enough IMHO.

Another concern is destabilizing the peace in the Middle East. And dragging American troops back into endless unwinnable wars. Trump did bring troops home and brokered historical peace deals in the Middle East. I see conditions worsening now under the Biden Administration. I still wonder why Uncle Joe (being the friendly guy he's touted to be) needs to string fencing and razor wire around the Capitol Building. Never seen anything like this in the Nation's history! Interesting statement on unifying the nation too.

Fiscal responsibility is also extremely important as many in America have a wallet. Anyone forcing money out of my wallet isn't my friend either. This $1.9T stimulus bill ( BS backwards) being paid for by printed money is of great concern. Instead of calling it a "Stimulus Bill" it should be called a Christmas package for government. We also know money in that bill will go to "bail out" blue state governors who have created their own problems. I resent having to pay their cleanup bill. A natural disaster would be different. Willful destruction of property (private and/or government) isn't a natural disaster.

As I've said, "You're not going to like what's coming!" And expect 2021 to make 2020 look like a back rub as we watch our constitutional republic falling from grace. As for our moral and ethical compass, its lost magnetic north leading our nation on the wrong course. We drift rudderless now. VDH still believes America is a very resilient nation and will survive this crisis. I can only hope his vision is accurate. Patience grows thin for many. mad

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 03/13/21 04:03 PM

..I still contend that 80M - 100M people aren't happy with what's going on. And that's just here in the USA. Globally, it's a much larger segment. How this groundswell of discontentment will play out isn't known yet. Temperatures are rising and it's just a matter of time before the rice boils over. Some of our states have governors that actually do represent their people. SD is one. Kristi Noem speaks at CPAC and is recommended viewing for common sense thinkers (27:00). She unpacks a lot of details and debunks myths about her state and explains how she's handled tough times. Setting a few records straight and refreshing our memories along the way.

Trump did call a lot of what was coming and nailed most of it, now looking back in hindsight. One point he made was explaining the physical, mental and emotional demands on a US President. And being able to go toe to toe with other nation leaders (Xi Jinping, Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong-un and Benjamin Netanyahu) all of whom are sharp as tacks. These people respect strength and expect nothing less form the USA or they will eat us for lunch. Especially China. JFK championed the idea that foreign policy was extremely important. It sill is today and perhaps more so. Such is how smart people play the game. Pantywaist leadership won't butter the biscuit for any nation leader without negative consequences. When the day is done, ultimately the work-a-day people are the ones who suffer.........

Wake up America, bill collectors are knocking at our door..

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 03/13/21 04:43 PM

Have you folks checked out the provisions of the latest gun control act (H127) that the Democrats are trying to jam through Congress?

1. Mandatory Licensing and Registration for ALL firearms.

2. Prohibits possession of any large-capacity magazine

3. Every firearms owner will have to submit to a background investigation AND a psychological evaluation

4. Every firearms owner will have to carry an insurance policy.

Those are just some of the wonderful things we may be having to look forward to!

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 03/13/21 08:54 PM

None of those things are likely to happen, at least not anytime soon. They might make it through the house, but they will never make it past the senate. The Demonic Rats do not have enough of a majority in the senate to pass them.

Here is a good Youtube channel to listen to for all things 2A related https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MkYbl3i5X8 I used to listen to another channel, but that guy was just too much about doom and gloom. This guy seems to know a lot about what is going on, but is not selling fear mongering.

Re: XT225/XT250 & Guns - 03/14/21 04:28 PM

I provided all the dope on HR127 with a link to the PDF bill. It's NUTS!! The end game here is to make gun ownership expensive and difficult. Throw in cryptic laws that make it impossible for owners to know if they are legal or not. Then impose threatening fines for non compliance. It's a typical end run around to get things done that are extremely unpopular. Our constitution does provide some protection from the federal government as sovereign state bodies. An example, is marijuana which is listed as a Schedule I substance federally has been legalized in about 13 states now (I believed last I checked). Federally possessing it, selling it or using it is illegal. So how come it's available for sale and use in Colorado?

Texas is engaged in Operation Lone Star. There is a quote from their government site below:

Governor Greg Abbott and the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) today (3/6/2021) launched Operation Lone Star to combat the smuggling of people and drugs into Texas. The Operation integrates DPS with the Texas National Guard and deploys air, ground, marine, and tactical border security assets to high threat areas to deny Mexican Cartels and other smugglers the ability to move drugs and people into Texas.

“The crisis at our southern border continues to escalate because of Biden Administration policies that refuse to secure the border and invite illegal immigration,” said Governor Abbott. “Texas supports legal immigration but will not be an accomplice to the open border policies that cause, rather than prevent, a humanitarian crisis in our state and endanger the lives of Texans. We will surge the resources and law enforcement personnel needed to confront this crisis.”

This decision follows a meeting last month between Governor Abbott and DPS Director Colonel Steve McCraw where they discussed strategies to enhance safety and security along the border.

As for gun laws, individual states need to assert themselves to protect our 1st and 2nd amendment rights. We can solve problems from the bottom up. As for Biden, there are more and more people experiencing buyer's remorse. I think we'll see gasoline top $4/gal come Memorial Day. With the expected implications that everything will cost more.

As I may have mentioned, Jeannie and I walk 4 miles per day. Usually 1 mile in the morning, 2 miles on our road and another mile later. We've been carrying American flags on our road walk since we see other people. Just to let people know we believe in our constitution, rule of law and common sense government. Reactions are interesting as we wave those flags. About 9 out of ten cars honk, wave and/or stop to chat. Others drive by with miserable looks which we believe are liberals. Do something patriotic in your areas. grin
© 2024 XT225+250 Rider's Group