Official XT225+250 Rider's Group Home Page

Anybody visiting the NEC Bike Show?

Posted By: Reggie

Anybody visiting the NEC Bike Show? - 11/15/18 03:42 AM

Hi Guys n Gals,

the annual Motorcycle Live Show at the NEC, Birmingham UK starts on the 17th November 2018, and ends on Sunday the 25th. Anybody coming along, if so here's a link to the event -

https://www.motorcyclelive.co.uk/?utm_so...ASAAEgJUXvD_BwE

I'll be on the CCM Stand Hall 3A, Stand 3F10, so if you're there come and say hello.

As Yamaha UK don't bring the Serow into the UK, it's unlikely they'll be any on display at the event but I'm sure there'll be some interesting machines from other manufacturers for me to grab some shots of!

Regards
Posted By: Paul49

Re: Anybody visiting the NEC Bike Show? - 11/16/18 12:12 PM

You there for the duration Reggie?

Do you still have a CCM, thought I read somewhere it'd gone.

I haven't been for many years, bit of an expensive day out when they hit us for parking anorl.

Re: Anybody visiting the NEC Bike Show? - 11/16/18 05:19 PM

Hi Paul,

I'll be there for the whole event matey.

My CCM was sold, as I wasn't using the extra performance that it offered when compared with my trusty Serows (as I ride like an old woman)!

Also I've changed jobs and now work full time for, yes you've guessed it, CCM!

Re: Anybody visiting the NEC Bike Show? - 11/16/18 05:26 PM

Ayup Reggie, that's brilliant, working with a bike manufacturer especially one the size of CCM.

If I was young enough to be working, I'd be envious, very envious. It must be great fun getting paid for your hobby.

Re: Anybody visiting the NEC Bike Show? - 11/16/18 08:15 PM

Hi Paul,

it's mental!

Great but mental.

Regards

Re: Anybody visiting the NEC Bike Show? - 11/17/18 07:50 AM

I can imagine it being like the rag trade. How many bikes per year?

How have they got around the problem of ethanol expanding plastic tanks that my Triumph & many others suffered from? I guess a different composition. Made by Acerbis aint they.

Re: Anybody visiting the NEC Bike Show? - 11/17/18 08:59 PM

Hi Paul,

the market in bikes like the CCM's is very strong and we've had quite a few sales already today. Add to that the release of Carl Fogarty's new CCM, with him on the stand several times during the day and the Spitfire 6 range and we were running around like good 'uns.

We have tried various options with expanding tanks, I'll let you know what we end up going with.

Regards
Posted By: Az4x4

Re: Anybody visiting the NEC Bike Show? - 11/17/18 09:12 PM

I'm with Paul on this! You're a lucky man to enjoy a hobby that pays like working with CCM does for you, Reggie!! I'd be at the NEC bike show in a heartbeat if I were in the UK, and the first thing I'd do is look you up!!..

Re: Anybody visiting the NEC Bike Show? - 11/18/18 01:41 AM

Hi George,

let's hope that one day, our paths cross eh!

And when it does, the beers are on me.

Regards

Originally Posted By: Az4x4

I'm with Paul on this! You're a lucky man to enjoy a hobby that pays like working with CCM does for you, Reggie!! I'd be at the NEC bike show in a heartbeat if I were in the UK, and the first thing I'd do is look you up!!..

Re: Anybody visiting the NEC Bike Show? - 11/23/18 06:59 PM

Hi Guys n Gals,

yet another busy day today but managed to have a quick chat with Ken (Salopian). Great to see him.

Regards

Re: Anybody visiting the NEC Bike Show? - 11/24/18 10:18 PM

Hi Guys n Gals,

just had a most surreal moment in being out for a meal, at the best curry house I've ever eaten at, as a guest of the boss, joined by a French Super Motard champion, and Carl Fogarty at the table. WHat a brilliant way to celebrate a fantastic week at the show, with just the Sunday to come.

Regards

Re: Anybody visiting the NEC Bike Show? - 11/25/18 09:59 AM

Ayup m8, sounds like you having a great time of it. Lucky begga.
Posted By: peejman

Re: Anybody visiting the NEC Bike Show? - 11/26/18 12:16 AM

That's good stuff!

Re: Anybody visiting the NEC Bike Show? - 11/30/18 10:43 AM

Hi Reggie,

How many signed up for a new CCM at the show? They sure got a good range now. The boy who came to our club said there would be a 660 adventure coming soon?

Re: Anybody visiting the NEC Bike Show? - 11/30/18 06:27 PM

Hi Paul,

it was a brilliant show for us at CCM and we had a fabulous number of orders at the stand.

We plan to put the current 600cc single engine, in a modified version of the GP450 chassis, so watch this space!

Regards

Re: Anybody visiting the NEC Bike Show? - 11/30/18 06:33 PM

I shall look forward to seeing that rascal, maybe swing a test ride.

Re: Anybody visiting the NEC Bike Show? - 11/30/18 08:18 PM

Hi Paul,

I'm going to start saving up! Should have enough in about 5 years!!!

Regards
© 2024 XT225+250 Rider's Group