Official XT225+250 Rider's Group Home Page

rear foot pegs and mounting brackets

Posted By: CrozetVA

rear foot pegs and mounting brackets - 09/30/19 03:46 PM

I would like to buy the rear mounting brackets and footpegs for an XT225. Missing when I bought my bike.
Posted By: Muniac

Re: rear foot pegs and mounting brackets - 09/30/19 06:59 PM

Parts diagram is HERE. All the parts and part numbers you'll need are in there. Stuff is listed as available too. Good luck.
Posted By: Paul49

Re: rear foot pegs and mounting brackets - 10/02/19 07:05 AM

My pillion pegs are missing also. I've been thinking of making some brackets from triangular ally 5mm thick should be ok, then buy some folding pegs off ebay for cheap.

Just need the dim's from each frame bolt hole to footpeg bolt hole.

Re: rear foot pegs and mounting brackets - 10/02/19 02:43 PM

Let me know how that turns out.

Re: rear foot pegs and mounting brackets - 10/02/19 03:25 PM

Originally Posted By: CrozetVA
Let me know how that turns out.

Will do, need the dim's first.
Posted By: peejman

Re: rear foot pegs and mounting brackets - 10/02/19 08:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul49
My pillion pegs are missing also. I've been thinking of making some brackets from triangular ally 5mm thick should be ok, then buy some folding pegs off ebay for cheap.

Just need the dim's from each frame bolt hole to footpeg bolt hole.

Let's try this... "H" means horizontal distance, and "V" means vertical. The others are straight line. I'm sure the geometry isn't exactly right as this is me with a tape measure... wink

This is my 2006 US model.

Right side:

Left side:

Dimensions:

Re: rear foot pegs and mounting brackets - 10/03/19 07:16 AM

Ayup peejman, thanks for your help with the dims, that's brill. I never thought the R & L might be different dims mount to pivot. I guess that puts the pegs at same height & position front to back of bike.

This can be one of my winter projects to stave off cabin fever.
First job is templates, then getting hold of the ally, ebay mebbe or local Fab shop.

Re: rear foot pegs and mounting brackets - 11/03/19 01:22 PM

Had a horrible wet day yesterday, so got on with a bit of winter work early. So here's my first attempt at passenger footpegs Cost approx. £12 for a bit of aluminium & a pair of RE pegs all the way from India. And thanks to peejman for the dim's.

You can also see in the pic my diy rear rack & the crap catcher under the number plate, that stops me looking like I had a bad curry after a muddy ride.

Re: rear foot pegs and mounting brackets - 11/03/19 03:09 PM

Very nice. How thick is the aluminium plate?

Re: rear foot pegs and mounting brackets - 11/03/19 03:30 PM

It's 4mm, all I could get hold of, be strong enough for the grandkids weight. I will do a bit thicker for my mk2 version 5mm or maybe 6mm should be good for the missus. Ha, or a diet. Problem is bending the thicker material, I need a flypress, never have enough tools do we.

Re: rear foot pegs and mounting brackets - 11/03/19 05:01 PM

When I get around to this I will probably use 1/4-inch. Again, thanks for sharing the results.

Re: rear foot pegs and mounting brackets - 11/03/19 05:03 PM

Ok, they'll be fine at that thickness.
Posted By: peejman

Re: rear foot pegs and mounting brackets - 11/04/19 07:36 PM

Looks good! I'd say 4mm is plenty strong for any sort of normal riding or tying stuff down. They might bend a little if you fall or hit a tree, but just bend them back.
© 2024 XT225+250 Rider's Group