Search

GREAT RIDES & STAYS!
Fab Ads
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Accessories & Innovations
Jump to new posts Re: DIY Passenger pegs by Paul49 @ Today at 10:39 AM

Mine came with the pillion pegs missing. I was thinking of the universal folding pegs below mounted on a triangular alloy plate to give the same position as the originals. maybe 4 or 5mm thick alloy, 4mm might not be sturdy enough? What ya rec'n? ht
Open Discussions - Sound Off & Hold Forth
Jump to new posts More legislative Ethanol issues by alexd @ Today at 07:32 AM

Federal agency seeks comments on ethanol-blended fuel Submit today! Take Action by Aug. 31 The Renewable Fuel Standard proposal announced July 5 by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency shows a slight reduction from the 2017 obligations but do
Resources
Jump to new posts Re: Photobucket by Paul49 @ Today at 07:01 AM

The triumph forum I am on has suffered also but seems to have come up with a solution that works for them. Could it also work here. https://www.tiger1050.com/index.php/topic,37876.0.html
Jump to new posts Hard Rock 100 by Muniac @ Yesterday at 11:10 PM

Last Friday we were up in Governor Basin and got tangled up in a foot race. It was the Hard Rock 100 event. We briefly passed the 3rd place finisher (didn't know that at the time) and spoke with him. After about 12-13 hours of hiking/running he wa
Colorado Trails
Jump to new posts Re: San Juan Updates by Muniac @ Yesterday at 11:05 PM

Thanks and we do. Ridge line to Bonita Peak. We transversed this ridge line (left to right) to summit Bonita Peak. One peak in on the far right just left of the small cornice. There are many less climbed peaks in those mountains. No one there
New Member/Owner Welcome Area
Jump to new posts Re: Moving to smaller bikes with a big smile! by Bandit @ Yesterday at 11:04 PM

Welcome to the forum.Although I just purchased one myself the XT225 does seem to be coming a thing of the past.Still see a few pop up for sale though.Ride safe and enjoy the bike.
Jump to new posts Re: Mini Top Case by Beaker @ Yesterday at 07:39 PM

@ Selden: nice find! It seems there's a smaller 7" case as well, good size for attaching to someplace up front like on the cowling or the lower half of a windscreen.
Bike Problems
Jump to new posts Re: head shake at speed, XT250 by James Springate @ Yesterday at 07:39 PM

I lowered the windshield and lowered the tire pressure. It is a whole lot better. It just feels nervous at 70 actual. It does best between 60 and 65. I can get on the interstate if I have to and not get run over. I'm guessing that is normal. I
Jump to new posts Non-Partisan motorcycle legislation (U.S.A.) by alexd @ Yesterday at 05:28 PM

RIDING FREE FROM DC: Your Weekly Biker Bulletin from Inside the Beltway Your Motorcycle Riders Foundation team in Washington, D.C. is pleased to provide our members with the latest information and updates on issues that impact the freedom and safet
Upgrade Projects
Jump to new posts Re: XT225 Kickstart part numbers by Muniac @ Yesterday at 02:24 PM

Thanks for posting this. It's helpful and appreciated.
Bike Problems
Jump to new posts Re: Timing and the Top Sprocket by S.O.G. @ Yesterday at 02:46 AM

Well after it was assembled I cranked it without the plug in and nothing hit, so lucky me I suppose. And yea I can't argue that a service manual would be a smart thing to invest in.
Jump to new posts Re: New member by Muniac @ 07/20/17 10:14 PM

Denis - Welcome to the site as a new USER. Enjoy and ride safely.
Jump to new posts Re: Photobucket throwing users a curve ball.. by Az4x4 @ 07/20/17 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: cogitech..$399 ??? Dirty pr!cks... My exact thought when I first realized Photobucket was screwing everyone who'd ever set up a supposedly "FREE" account with them. Went in, downloaded everything I had stored there,
Jump to new posts Re: Replacement Handlebar Suggestions? by Selden @ 07/20/17 12:06 PM

Thanks for advice on this. I realized that I tweaked my left handlebar with last week's get off. I just ordered Fly 6061 T-6 Aluminum Handlebars in YZ/WR bend. I too have had a deer collision, which destroyed the Honda Pacific Coast that I rode to A
Riding, Experiences, Challenges & Lessons Learned
Jump to new posts Re: Disaster Avoided (Long) by peejman @ 07/20/17 12:53 AM

Wow. That looks like it would be pretty tough when it's wet and slick. "Hole of doom".
Ride Spaces & Places
Jump to new posts Re: Little overnighter in upstate NY by Bandit @ 07/18/17 11:44 PM

Were there any trails there that you were able to ride the bike on?Hard to find places to ride off road around Rochester,NY
Connectivity - PCs, Browsers & OS Help
Jump to new posts Re: Updating-Upgrading to Linux Mint 18.2.. by Az4x4 @ 07/18/17 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Muniac..Linux isn't and won't be for the majority of PC users. I'm OK with that.. I'm OK with that too. The majority will stick with what they know, what they've been sold. That's fine. We agree that "There is no doubt
Upgrade Projects
Jump to new posts Front Fork Brace by Blue @ 07/18/17 03:50 PM

I'm looking for where I can buy a front fork brace. Does anyone have one installed and in use?
Jump to new posts Re: 1996 XT225 loses power after a half hour. by Muniac @ 07/18/17 02:33 PM

Welcome to the site as a new USER. Feel free to take this over to Bike Problems. I had stator problems which were temperature dependent. Cold, everything worked fine. Once hot, the bike wouldn't start and lacked some power. Not as extreme as you
Upgrade Projects
Jump to new posts Re: Hybrid Z1 exhaust mod !!! by alexd @ 07/18/17 07:54 AM

By the way...the Z1 mod (and similar) should have no effect on starting. Alexd
Jump to new posts Re: XT225 Fork Brace by Blue @ 07/18/17 05:28 AM

Howdy, very exciting. Did you end up getting this made?
Upgrade Projects
Jump to new posts Re: Clarke Tank, what color did you chose? by James Springate @ 07/18/17 01:06 AM

White. I wish I could find some matching blue stickers that would stay on.
Jump to new posts Re: Hello! by Muniac @ 07/17/17 11:05 PM

Welcomed under original thread (4/27/2017). But welcome again. Feel free to move out of the New Member area.
Nuts, Bolts, Wrenching and Scratched Knuckles
Jump to new posts Re: Best way to support bike by peejman @ 07/17/17 02:30 PM

The area under the pegs is pretty flat. A board wider than the crate under the pegs adds some lateral stability. Be aware of the fore/aft balance changes when you remove a wheel. It can get "exciting" pretty quickly. You can't really
Upgrade Projects
Jump to new posts Re: Question about the Z1 exhaust modification by GlennF @ 07/17/17 02:13 PM

I did the Z1 mod with a 1 1/8 hole saw. 1" hole is big enough. Running #130 main and #42.5 pilot with 3 turns out on fuel screw. No popping what so ever. Z1 does pep it up some. 3 turn out mod may be enough. Popping is from lean idle mixture. Wi
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Web & Site Search
Google

Custom TO Customer
Specialty Resource
Fab Ads
Boardcaster Updates

Board Upgrade: Board upgrade to V7.5.8 has been completed on Tuesday Sept 2nd 2014. This should solve the missing posts problem. Enjoy the new software!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters
Reggie 11397
alexd 5836
Muniac 4861
Moto Psycho 4684
Az4x4 3761
kris 2363
peejman 2220
Doc250 1643
JerryH 1508